Please Close

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

Yes, I am looking into a metal sticker that could be put inside the amp to show it has been modded. If I get it done I will send it out to all the folks who have had a mod done here!
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

How about a free amp mod for someone who comes up with the winning design for a metal foil sticker?? Ruth could be our unbiased judge.

I am sure there is someone out there that can come up with something better than mine:
Jim Saunders

Logo

Post by Jim Saunders »

Ken, Inside's o.k., but I'd like one on the outside, right on the grill cloth.

BTW, I'm home waiting on FedEX to bring mine. They came yesterday, but I wasn't home and they wouldn't leave it.
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

The grill would require a backing block like they used behind the BW emblem and the Peavey logo. My though was to affix it to the modified chassis. That way it could be applied here before the amp ships and would stay with the chassis, in case the chassis was ever loaded into a head cab, etc.
Jim Saunders

My NV400 vs: Fender Steel King

Post by Jim Saunders »

O.K., I'm convinced. I got my modded NV400 back today and I've just done an A/B test with my Fender Steel King and the NV400 sounds better, but it is close. It's clearly brighter with better string separation than it used to be. Great job, Ken! I'll display my KF logo when it's ready.
Joe Harwell

Lots of tonal variations to explore

Post by Joe Harwell »

It's been a few months now.

Still happy with my Fox Intensely Modified NV400.

Lots of subtle tonal variations to explore.

Truly unique with its own personality.

Money well spent. Thanks again, Ken.
Joe in LA

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak & the strong; because, someday in life you will have been all of these".
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

I find the same, Joe. Instead of being lucky to find one good sound all night I can now find many good settings with the modded amp. It is just plain easier and faster to dial in a great sound for my Tele or steel.
!

I was so pleased to get an email from a recent Forum member with a modded amp. He likes it better than his new Steel King!

The response has been great, I appreciate the opportunity to have done the mods for all of you.
Thomas Stanley

Spreadsheet

Post by Thomas Stanley »

Ken, I have the Sessions 400 LTD, would love a copy of the spreadsheet. Thanks, Tom
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

I do not have a mod for the Session 400 LTD amp.
Keith Ballmer

Post by Keith Ballmer »

Ken
Can you send me the spread sheet again for the nashville 400 thanks...
Keith
keithballmer@hotmail.com
MARLEN S10 with a Crate V50 with custom speakers .. Local Artist 💪💪
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

Got them sent. I have some new board layouts that can be printed in two parts and includes more details. The parts are circled for easier ID. Also you can paste them together for a much larger working drawing.
Ken Fox

kits

Post by Ken Fox »

30 more kits are now ready to install. Average time is one day in the shop unless other repairs are needed.
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

Bump.
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

I have around 20 kits put together now. Let me know if you have one coming. Turn around is still about a day.
Shipping back by FedEx. FedEx will cost you a lot less than UPS and they seem to do a much better job. So far no banged up boxes from them!
Tommy R. Butler

Post by Tommy R. Butler »

AWESOME dont describe it. not even W0W describes it. Unbelievable is in the ball park. ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT I LOVE IT...

Keep up the good work Ken. We need ya buddy.
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

Thanks, Tommy. Looks like your friend, Tom Williams, is getting his ready to ship down as well! Much appreciated.

I have a good stock of kits for now and the turn around is same or next day, typically.

Let me know if you have one coming!
Shawn Brown

Post by Shawn Brown »

Hi Ken,

Could you email me with some info on the cost of the modification and also the cost of the parts, if I was to have it done up here?
thanks
Shawn Brown
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

Shawn, I sent the spreadsheets. I do not sell the parts kit. The prices on the spreadsheet may not be current as they are over 8 months old.
Shawn Brown

Post by Shawn Brown »

Thanks Ken. Greatly appreciated.
Shawn
Danny Hullihen

Ken Fox Mods

Post by Danny Hullihen »

I have had many mods done by Ken Fox on my sound gear, everything from my old tube Fender amps to the latest digital stuff, and everything he has done has been a great improvment, both in sound, and functionality. This guy is a true genius when it comes to amplification improvements!
David Spurck

Nashville 400 Modification

Post by David Spurck »

Hi Ken,
I have two NV 400's and your modification sounds like my amps need this. I'm experiencing quite a bit of hum and distortion. Could you please send me your spreadsheet. Thank you.

Zum D-10, Williams SD-10, two NV 400's and a lot of other things my wife can't understand that I need (15 other assorted instruments)
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

I cannot send file attachments via Forum email. Anyone wanting the info must email me with their address in the body of the email from the Forum
Bob Frederick

Post by Bob Frederick »

Ken I would be interested in the spreadsheet also.Could you please send one to me

Thanks I appreciate it

BobFrederick bfsteel
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

bump
Tommy R. Butler

Post by Tommy R. Butler »

Bump for a good dude !!!