Would you attend a Steel-In in Newport, TN?

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

George Kimery

Would you attend a Steel-In in Newport, TN?

Post by George Kimery »

I am posting this for Bobby Loveday. He has found a great location for a Steel-In in Newport, TN. 1 mile off of I-40. He is considering putting together a Steel-In similar to the one that Sam White put together in Greeneville. EVERYBODY (except the back-up band) pays $10.00 to cover the cost of renting the building. Anything left over would just be divided up equally among the back up band, who are non-steelers.The backup band would be the one used in Greeneville, for the most part. If there is enough interest, he will organize it. He is not on the internet, so I am just passing this information along and looking for a show of hands, or a raise of the bar.
Sam White

Would you attend a Steel IN in Newport TN.

Post by Sam White »

Hey George I would if I live down there.If they have it around the second week of March I will be able to make it as we will be in Pigon Forge at the Country Tonight thearter for the Nacma.Compatition.I talked to Bob Hayes the other day and he is hopping someone has one in that AREA.I'M SURE YOU CAN GET ALL THE SAME GUYS THAT I HAD AT THE ONE I RAN.I lost your E-Mail Address but I have it now.
Sam White
Alan Harrison

Steel In Newport, TN

Post by Alan Harrison »

I would be interested in coming to East Tennessee, would all depend on the date and whether I am playing on that weekend. Would it be a one or two day affair? Just keep me posted on the progress. Alan Harrison
Mullen (Black) Pre G-2 9x7, B.L. 705 PUP's, Evans SE 200 Telonics NEO 15-4, BJS Bar, Peterson Strobo Flip, Steelers Choice Seat, Folgers Coffee and Hilton Pedals.

"I Steel Without Remorse"
Rick Campbell

Post by Rick Campbell »

This is a great idea. I'll come if you let me.
Ronnie Sellers

Post by Ronnie Sellers »

Rick they will not let you play Fiddle & Steel Guitar at the same time. You have to pick one or the other.... Ha Ha. :D
Ronnie
Tom Keller

Post by Tom Keller »

Hi George, Count me in, just name the date.
Gerald Pressley

steelin in Newport Tn.

Post by Gerald Pressley »

count me in George
George Kimery

Steel-In in Newport, TN

Post by George Kimery »

Looking Good, so far. Rick, if you come you had better not show up without your fiddle. If you leave it at home, we will be forced to go rent one for you. Your playing in Greeneville was awesome. I can't wait to hear you again. Heck, bring your steel and play it too. I will keep Bobby posted as to the interest. The building is $150.00 for the day, so at $10.00 each, we need at least 15. With myself and Bobby, plus Tommy Smith and Tim Hurst from Newport and you guys that have said to count you in, we are up to half already. So it looks like it will be a reality. Does anybody have a month/date in mind? It will be on a Saturday and will be a one day event.
George Kimery

Steel-In in Newport, TN

Post by George Kimery »

Looking Good, so far. Rick, if you come you had better not show up without your fiddle. If you leave it at home, we will be forced to go rent one for you. Your playing in Greeneville was awesome. I can't wait to hear you again. Heck, bring your steel and play it too. I will keep Bobby posted as to the interest. The building is $150.00 for the day, so at $10.00 each, we need at least 15. With myself and Bobby, pluse your guys that have said to count you in, we are up to half already. So it looks like it will be a reality. Does anybody have a month/date in min? It will be on a Saturday and will be a one day event.
Tony Dingus

Post by Tony Dingus »

If I can I'd love too come and pick.

Tony
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

When are you planning this and exactly where is Newport, TN?
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
George Kimery

Steel-In in Newport, TN

Post by George Kimery »

Bill, it would be great if you could come up. You won't have to touch a PA Mixer, just bring your steel and play "purty", which you can certainly do. The building was built beside a music store for bands to play in. It can seat 180. I assume it is folding chairs, but not sure. Bobby has seen it and talked to the owner, I haven't. We are going to meet there on June 30th to check it out and to listen to a band playing that night. The date will depend on when the building is available. Newport is right on I-40, about 10 miles before it dead ends into I-81. You can drive to Pigeon Forge in about 30 minutes, so it is a gateway to that area. It would be nice to tie it in with a mini vacation in the Smoky Mountains, Gatlinburg, Sevierville, and Pigeon Forge.
Charlie Powell

Post by Charlie Powell »

Yes I would be interested in attending.
Charlie Powell
Herby Wallace

Steel In

Post by Herby Wallace »

George, I would be willing to come if I am not booked that particular weekend. When you pick a date, just let us know.

Thanks,

Herby Wallace
Sam White

Would you come to A Steel INN in Newport TN

Post by Sam White »

OK Guys come on and Join Bobbe and George and keep this Steel INN going in East TN.I started it in Greeneville and now Bobbe and George are keeping it going so come on guys lets keep it going.
Rick Campbell
I know they would love to have you back with your Fiddle. You cheated me on hearing you play Steel.Just play and don't fall asleep this time. HA just joking with you Rick.Ypu are agreat person and we all enjoyed your great talent.
Herby Wallace
I know they would be glad to have you go to Newport and help support the Steel INN.

I will E-Mail Roger Kelly and a few of the other guys that was at the Greeneville Steel INN I have all their names and E-Mail Addresses and I will get in Contact with them for you Guys.
Sam White
Sam White

would you come to a Steel INN in Newport TN

Post by Sam White »

Ok George and Bobbe I just E-Mailed about 12 Steel Players that came to My Steel INN and I told the about yours. I also contacted Joe and Sharron Babbs so keep a eye on the Thread you put on the Forum. I will help you in any way I can that is possible.The more Steel INs and Show we have the better I like it.

Sam White
Joseph V. Sapp

Post by Joseph V. Sapp »

Well Fellas:

I'll throw my hat in the ring !!! I'm just an old hacker,,,but sure love it. sure would be worth the drive to see some old friends, and meet some new ones. yep,,count me in. God Bless

Joe
Jerry Fleming

Jam

Post by Jerry Fleming »

Hi guys,

I would love to visit the Smokies and hear some great steel picking. Sounds like a great location.

I am interested, count me in. I will show off my new guitar! :D

Jerry Fleming
Rick Campbell

Post by Rick Campbell »

Is this the same building that they used to have the cock fights in? If so, my fiddle would sound right at home.
Fred Nolen

Post by Fred Nolen »

Count me in. I might even play one of my ol' Rains a little - if they are allowed in Cocke County.

What dates are being looked at and I'll try to clear my calendar if needed.

Ol' Fred
Roger Kelly

Post by Roger Kelly »

Had a good time in Greeneville last year. Count me in for Newport this year. I bought my '86 Emmons Legrande from Tim Hurst there in Newport last year. It's shown in my Avatar on the left.
Wayne Morgan

Post by Wayne Morgan »

Hey George and Bobby, Nice to see another Steel In in the works in East Tennessee. The one in Greenville, I had to leave early,, but I would love to come for the day to Newport. I missed Rick Campbell's fiddling and will look forward to that this time around,,and Joe Sapp from Chambersburg Pa will be a treat, Tony Dingus,,all I can say about him,,,,well you wouldn't want to hear it, Roger Kelly,,man what a line up. This will be a Hoot.
as bad of a steel hacker as I am, I might need to pay $20 to get in. count me in !!!!!!!!!!!!
Wayne Morgan
Tony Dingus

Post by Tony Dingus »

Wayne, be sure and save me a spot next to you so I can pester you some more. ha ha.
It'll be good to see all you guys again. i sure did enjoy the Greenville pickin'.

Tony
Joe Babb

Post by Joe Babb »

George,
Count Sharon and myself in if the date works for us.
Joe
Gordon Sharp

Steel guitar show in Newport Tenn.

Post by Gordon Sharp »

George tell Bobbe Loveday hello for me and when you get a date please post it if were not on the road playing ILL BE THERE WITH BELLS ON. Gordon Sharp Kingston Tenn.