Lonestar Steel Guitars -Texas Special, Skeleton Steel, 6 STR

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Steve Howard

Lonestar Steel Guitars -Texas Special, Skeleton Steel, 6 STR

Post by Steve Howard »

I have seen several posts through the archive asking if anyone has one of these Lonestar steel guitars that Jim Flynn makes out of Texas. (I know because I was interested in buying his "Texas Special" he had for sale here in the forum and I wanted to find out about it first).

I took the chance and purchased it as he had a great price and I have to say that I feel like I got a heck of a deal! This guitar plays very well and has a nice tone. I own a Derby which will now be collecting dust in my closet and this one will be going to my gigs with me (and I really liked my Derby, but wanted to try a 12 string without giving up a quality guitar).

I took it to Wally Davis' house last night who is a great player and he made it really sing. He is a Zumsteel guy and he was impressed with it himself.

So, anyone thinking of buying a Lonestar steel ("Texas Special" models, six string pedal steels, skeleton steel) know that it has the endorsement of a couple of steelers here in St. Louis.

http://www.lonestarsteelguitar.com/
John Coffman

Post by John Coffman »

Just sent in my deposit for a custom job for Jim. Bad part is I'll have to wait. Oh well it not like I'm steeless.
ShowPro SD10, Mullen RP, Bose S1 Pro, GK MB200, MB500, Bugera T50 Tube amp with SlidgeRig, TC HOF reverb effect.