MS: DSSGA June 30

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Bill Stafford

MS: DSSGA June 30

Post by Bill Stafford »

Greetings, our talent line-up is shaping up just fine. Had a call from one of our supporters yesterday that he, Dr. Quido Sutter- New Orleans, has arranged for Scott Perro, CLASSICAL GUITARIST, to be in house for a special performance! We desire to please everyone, and our local guitarists will certainely enjoy and maybe learn a few new techniques. Scott will have a display booth to meet and talk with all of us. Anxious for him and Bob Saxton to run into and hear each other. Add this personality to that of David Anderson, Professor of Music in La, Hank Corwin, degreed pianist and bassist (not to mention superb Steel guitarist) from the Juliard School of Music, David Easley-not enough words to describe his musical talents, and all the rest of us, we are just in for a very good time and musical experience. I will have the schedule soon. Thanks to all for this wonderful support. You will all really like out new "home" at the St. Martin's Community Center also. And with Ben O'Dell in the middle of this "mix", there is no telling how all these good times will roll.
Bill Stafford
Lana Rosselli

Post by Lana Rosselli »

Sometimes it really scares me when I hear that Ben O'Dell is in the mix of things but I just shake my head and smile...I know it's gonna be fun.

And Mr. Smooth has a knack for finding all kinds of talent. I always have a good time and learn so much. No wonder this is one of my favorite shows to attend!

See ya'll in a month!!
Miss Lana
SteelRadio.com
Hal Higgins

Surprises!!!!!!!!!

Post by Hal Higgins »

Bill.....where do you come up with all of these surprises? Sure sounds like lots of fun is in store for all who attend the next gathering of the DSSGA, and in a new location, too. Can't wait to see everyone. Oh, and Ben, too (lol).
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.
Ray Harrison

Deep South Steel

Post by Ray Harrison »

Folks, let me tell you that anything Bill Stafford is involved in is a first class operation. I have not been able to attend any of his shows as yet, but have all intentions of getting there someday. I have known "Mr. Smooth", as Miss Lana referred, for forty years now and it's his friendship that brought me to the steel shows beginning in 1990. Bill has seen a lot of talent and if he says he's got the best, believe him.
I've enjoyed alot of great times with this true southern gentleman. Have a super time my friend, see you and Betty in St. Loo
Ray Harrison
Bass/sing/Love PSG
77 Stingray/Kiesel 5 string bass
Telonics , Fender Rumble500, Polytone Amps
D-16 Martin, 1970 Ovation guitars
Billy Carr
Restricted

DSSGA

Post by Billy Carr »

This is probably the best steel show in the southeast folks. With Bill Stafford & Ben O'Dell in the mix, it's a first class show each time. We'll see everybody there on June 30th. DSSGA rolls out the red carpet for everybody and is "Musician Friendly", 24/7.
Billy Carr
Restricted

DSSGA

Post by Billy Carr »

T T T for a great show and for all the players coming on 6-30, Jim Parker is bringing his new royal blue D-10 Fessy for everybody to checkout. Another player is also bringing his new S-10 Fessy, honey BE mica to showcase for everybody. Along with those, I imagine there'll be a S-10D Fessy, black mica, if it's ready in time. We'll see.
Bill Stafford

DSSGA

Post by Bill Stafford »

Thanks Billy and the gang. Looks like a Fessenden good time for all of us. Anxious to see and hear those new Fessys. There will be a Billy Carr Display area for all of us to enjoy also.
Just heard from a dear friend and a very multi-talented musician this weekend. Jerry Jaye will be able to make a few "cameo" appearances with various steel players during the afternoon. (Jerry has just returned home from one of his annual Rock and Roll Shows in Jackson, Tn. with Ace Cannon in the band. (Jerry was a prime player in the introduction of "Rock-A-Billie" music and is in that association's Hall of Fame. Jerry's voice, heart and soul reminds me of one of my very favorite singers and musician-Wade Ray. Jerry plays every instrument on the band stand and ALL very, very well. One of the best band leaders in the business and with him gracing our stage will be a very big PLUS factor for all of us. Jerry, being the instigator of our Rock A Billie music, can curdle your toes with his country ballads, better than most and second to none. Jerry's original song-"When Morning Comes to Memphis" is, IMHO, one of the best C&W ballads ever. Show time is shaping up pretty good folks. We will have a very full line up.
Bill Stafford
Roland Buras
Location: Kiln, MS, 45 miles east of New Orleans off I-10 USA

OCEAN " STRINGS"

Post by Roland Buras »

Hey Billy, looking forward to the show in Ocean STRINGS this june. yep the line up is looking good.
you know you can call on me to help out. I'll be listening.

Your Friend;

R J Buras
Excel Superb SD U12 9x7 :lol:
Bill Stafford

DSSG

Post by Bill Stafford »

Thanks R.J. your support is some of the best I have.
And, I have just been informed, end of last week, that we will all enjoy the musicianship of a new face on our stage-Scott Perro, New Orleans Classical Guitarist and guitar instructor of BIG notes, will give us a special treat. I am really anxious to have both Scott and Bob Saxton on our program. Should be interesting developments all afternoon. Scott will have a display booth. We can get to meet another great musician here. Scott will have his CDs on display too.
Give me a call R.J. when you are not so busy.
Bill Stafford
Bill Stafford

DSSG

Post by Bill Stafford »

More REALLY,REALLY BIG NEWS! Herbie Wallace just informed me that he will be in house and on stage for our June 30th. show to help us celebrate our new home show. Just like the saying-"build a nice playing field, and they will come". This is such good news. Herbie, without a single doubt, is one of our Legend steel guitarists and a Southern Gentleman to boot. Thanks so much Herbie. See you soon.
Bill Stafford
Hal Higgins

Post by Hal Higgins »

Hey Bill.....that is such great news that Mr. Herbie Wallace will be "IN THE HOUSE"....what a treat that's gonna be! I've admired him for years. He has such a unique style of playing......Can't wait to hear him again. The last time I saw Herbie was in Hot Springs, AR at Ronnie's. Man what a player. Everyone who can needs to be there to hear him. HAL
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.
TRAP TRULY

Post by TRAP TRULY »

Scott Perro is a great Jazz player.He used to give me lessons in Mobile many years ago.If I remember correctly, he played a 7 string classical guitar. Does anyone have his email address or phone #. I would love to get in touch with him.
thanks,
trap truly
Herby Wallace

Show

Post by Herby Wallace »

Well I have just been in touch with my friend, Bill Stafford, and I will be playing at his great show on June 30th. I am really looking forward to it as I haven't been in this area in a while. I hope to see all of my friends there.

Herby Wallace
Roland Buras
Location: Kiln, MS, 45 miles east of New Orleans off I-10 USA

herbie

Post by Roland Buras »

WOW!!! HW in the house, You Go Billy Boy.

RJ Buras
J PARKER

Show

Post by J PARKER »

Well what can i say but yes the folks that know Herby knowes hees a super guy and great player and we will look forward to seeing him again. Just got to see him a few weeks ago and looking forward guys to the DSSGA show. Bill always does a great job. Jim
Ben ODell

Man !!!!! What A Show

Post by Ben ODell »

For all who don't know, Bill Stafford has an enoromus,,,,,,,,,,reputation around the steel guitar world. Dat's why they call him "MR. SMOOTH". And to quote Herby Wallace as he announced his last song on a show some time ago. "I feel the sheppard's pole coming out". Ya see......that's the secret formula ole Billy has..... "A SHEPPARD'S POLE". He just reaches out there and snatches in all that talent.

It is indeed a fantastic announcement about Herby being with us on June 30. It is always an honor to be in the same building with our old friend Herby Wallace, and you don't want to miss this one folks.

Yes Sir'reeee ole Jerry Jaye is for sure, multi-talented. Plays the far out of that steel, plays fiddle, sax, guitar, and sangs like a bird. Hey,,,, the boy can grow some fine maters to. And come to think of it, he might just be taking lessons from all those birds he keeps perched outside his window everyday. And Billy, the first time I heard "when Morning Comes To Memphis", you are right, It almost curled my toenails and fingernails. What a song.

Ms Lana, I wouldn't know whut to do with myself if I wasn't "IN THE MIX". It's always good to have you here with us. You just purty up the place and do such a great job on that mic. ("HUG # 3")

And Hal Higgins of course. What can I say ???? Hal is also another one of those multi talented peoples. We always ask Hal to open the show and I can't think of anyone I'd rather hear do that.

NEW location and all this good stuff poured in that hall our first trip there. MAN !!!!! It'll sure be good to see all those smiling faces on June 30. Really looking forward to one of the biggest shin-digs to hit the coast. So many names........So much talent. See you all there.

R.J. bring gumbo ,,,,,,, PLEASE !!!!!!!! Good Stuff

Ben O'Dell

Bill Stafford

DSSG

Post by Bill Stafford »

Our schedule is almost ready for posting. It will be one to be remembered!
Just got final confirmation from Pee Wee Whitewing and I will be making his room reservations today along with those for Herby Wallace.
Here is a teaser concerning our schedule:
David Easley/David Anderson Project-2:00-3:00PM
Hank Corwin & Jazz Society Orchestra-3:00-4:00PM
(Do not be surprised should Pee Wee fit in this mix)
(Do not be surprised should Herby be in this mix too)
Scott Perro, classical/jazz guitarist will be here from New Orleans. Wonder what it would be like with Hank,David, Herby, Pee Wee, Scott, Bob Saxton mixing it up also?MMMMMMM? Might be able to install Jerry Jaye on some of his great vocals with that group. WOW!
Got to have a few treats for me too, you know.(Wade Ray was my favorite singing musician and Jerry could always stand right along side Wade in my books).
I will have the schedule here soon. Thanks for all this wonderful and fun support folks.
We are all wishing the best for Terry Bethel and Ms Lana and hope their health situations are improving. We do not want to miss them being here, but want them to be in good health most of all.
Bill Stafford
Hal Higgins

Post by Hal Higgins »

A Little Over Three Weeks Away.....Is Everybody Ready? Let's BUMP IT TTT

:D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ben ODell

THA LIST !!!!

Post by Ben ODell »

Can hardly wait to see that final list and schedule.

AND PEE WEE ????? Let me see now........so far I see

Herby Wallace
Pee Wee Whitewing
Buck Grantham
David Easley/David Anderson
Hank Corwin/and Jazz Society
Scott Perro
Bill Stafford
Hal Higgins
Billy Carr
R.J. Buras
Jim Parker
Jerry Jaye
Ed Clark !!!!!!!!!!

HAVE MERCY !!!! Billy are you sure that new location will still be there after this "BIG BANG" line-up ??
All I have left to say is, Thanks for that bump Hal and keep up the good work, and ya'll tell everybody you know. They don't want to miss this one.

Ben-Jamin O'Dell
Ben ODell

BUMP

Post by Ben ODell »

Here's a good ole Agricola, Mississippi bump for you Bill.
Billy Carr
Restricted

DSSGA

Post by Billy Carr »

Add Seminary(MSP) to BO's list!
Ben ODell

B

Post by Ben ODell »

bump "ANUDDERGIN" :?
Wayne Goff

lost

Post by Wayne Goff »

Hey Bill

Well I Finally got on the Line.I have about Worn myself out trying to get a word in.

Well everybody I know is Talking about the Show and I am one of them.The line up so far is SUPER TALENT.
I know a drummer from LA.(LOWER ALABAMA) that is looking for work and would be very interested being around all this talent.
whaT DO YOU THINK?

WAYNE GOFF
Last edited by Wayne Goff on 11 Jun 2007 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wayne Goff

BIG SHOW

Post by Wayne Goff »

BILL

I Have Been Talking with Tony Lane and We All Know He
is a Fine Steel Guitar Man.He is Going to be at
the Show and Would Like to Stretch Some Strings
if You have Room on The Show.He Just Turned 80 Years
Young and Hotter Than A Pistol.

WAYNE GOFF
Bill Stafford

DSSG

Post by Bill Stafford »

Glad to see you here Wayne. Love to have another drummer in the house and tell Tony it will be great to have him here also. Our new "home" will be packed full to help us celebrate this wonderful friendship and our favorite music.
The local radio stations are calling about this show. This past Friday morning, Hank Corwin and I were invited to one of the talk show programs. Had a great time discovering more about Hank and his musical talents and all he has accomplished with his steel guitar over the years. Might have to go to a two or more day format if this keeps up.
Room reservations have been made for Herby Wallace, Pee Wee Whitewing and possibly Ora Oubre from Texas.
Hey Jim Parker, the red carpet, in your name, will be on the floor this time. Maybe Barney Miller, you and Rob Parker can have the first stroll to welcome us all. Southern Hospitality folks, and the best steel guitar music in the world here in the Deep South.
Schedule is shaping up this week and I will insert it here later.
Hope Ms Lana and Terry Bethel have recovered to allow them to travel south. Main thing is that we want both to be well and happy.
Bill Stafford