new to the forum

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

David Kwiatkowski

new to the forum

Post by David Kwiatkowski »

hi im new to the forum and new to playing pedal steel its been enjoyable so far. still working on my blocking and have a long road ahead. this forum is very informative and ive found alot of usefull info from it. anyway i found a sho bud professional d10 8/4 with case and sho bud volume pedal i bought locally bought a nashville 400 from a forum member and bought a steelers choice seat on ebay by the time i got new strings on it and tunned i have just over $1400 bucks in everything hope i did ok.
ill try to post some pics.........
[/img]
well this is what it looks like after about 3 night of polishing and cleaning nicotine off of it......enjoy
Mitch Ellis

Post by Mitch Ellis »

David,
Welcom to the forum! That sure is a good-looking Sho-Bud! I think you made a great deal! I have been playing steel for almost 10 yrs., so my knowledge is very limited, compared to others. I have a Zum D10, Sho-Bud LDGsp, and a SD10 Fessy.My amp is a Nashville 400. Again, thats a beautiful steel you have!
Mitch
Harvey Richman

Welcome

Post by Harvey Richman »

Hi David, and welcome to the forum. Re. how you did buying your setup, definately a great deal. The Sho Bud alone is easily worth that!
Best Regards
Harvey
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Hi David, and welcome from Oklahoma. I'd like to point out that you did REAL ok on your deal!! Of course, you are playing my favorite guitar ever, rack and barrels and all!!
Way to go, and welcome!! 8)
Last edited by James Morehead on 29 May 2007 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Ester

Post by Mike Ester »

Howdy. Nice axe you have there.
Mike Wheeler

Post by Mike Wheeler »

Welcome David. you're off to a GREAT start with that equipment. You have all you'll need for years to come.

All you gotta do now is practice your butt off. Of course, you have to realize there's a downside......won't be able to blame your equipment for holding you back!! :lol:

And, yes siree, you got a heck of a deal there...all pro quality stuff. Congrats!!
Best regards,
Mike
A. J. Schobert

Post by A. J. Schobert »

Was that $1400 include Elvis, and the steel?
David Kwiatkowski

Post by David Kwiatkowski »

thanx to everyone who welcomed me to the forum seems to be lots of nice folks on the forum also glad to hear i did good on my purches of my guitar........
Joe Calabrese

Post by Joe Calabrese »

Welcome David !
This forum is the best place for Steel info. These guys are great folks and collectively, you wont find a better source for information and insight.
Nice Bud

Joe
Dennis Schell

Post by Dennis Schell »

A big West Coast welcome to you and that gorgeous Bud! Great deal!

Dennis
"Bucks Owin"