~Home From Spokane~

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

David Wright

~Home From Spokane~

Post by David Wright »

Cindy and I are home from the show!.. If you missed this... shame on you!.. this was there second show, and was a hit! just want to thank my Buddy Jim Arnold and his wife for letting me be part of the show... I see this show just getting bigger and better !! and Joel for all his hard work ... and the ride from the airport!!! See ya next year!!!

PS.. I lost my camera if anyone has pictures please send me some....

Last edited by David Wright on 29 May 2007 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ben Jones

Post by Ben Jones »

yes pictures and youtube videos please! I am gutted that I missed this. was all set to go , had hotel reservations and everything...then re-injured my back and had to bail. would love to see what i missed. god willing I will be there next year.
Joel Johnston

I PLAYED MUSIC WITH NORM HAMLET AND THE STRANGERS!!

Post by Joel Johnston »

I still can't believe what a fantastic weekend it was. Norm, Biff, Jimmy - you guys were awesome. I have to think Biff has saddle sores from riding that drum stool as much as he did! David, you were unbelievable as usual - your Blues set with Dan Tyack was a battle of the Masters. Joe Wright was his usual amazing self and made our cheeks hurt from laughing and our eyes red from crying (prayers and blessings to his Mom). Russ and Laney were as professional as ever and really brought a touch of class to the evening (Russ plays phenomenal bass guitar as well!). Looking forward to any pics or videos that folks might have taken and can post.
I think we can say the Spokane Show is officially on the map and a "must see" for anyone who loves to attend these great steel guitar get togethers!
Joel Johnston
Spokane, WA
Dan Tyack

Post by Dan Tyack »

I had a total blast in Spokane. Probably my favorite set was Norm Hamlet's set on Saturday night. Those stories were priceless.

Thanks to everybody who was involved in putting the show together.

I'll second the remarks about video and pictures. Post them on youtube.com, you have my permission (for my set at least).
Thom Beeman

Post by Thom Beeman »

What a great show and wonderful people. 'Ol Bozo had a blast passing out the Red Vine licorice to every one.
Put this show on your list for next year. Jim and Jeanie are great people and have put their hearts into this and it shows. Kudo's
steelseat.com The most comfortable seat in the business.
Desert Rose S-10, Williams S-10
Larry Behm

Post by Larry Behm »

Stay tuned as Patti has many pictures to put up soon. Thanks to all we had a great time as well. Thanks to my friend Dave Burton for sharing the stage with me on both sets, maybe we will have to be serious and work up a real set for next year.

Larry Behm
Thom Beeman

Post by Thom Beeman »

Larry, I don't think you can improve to much over what you did. Very professional and entertaining, as were all.
Lee Lessig

Post by Lee Lessig »

My wife Darlene and I really enjoyed the 2nd Annual NWSGA SuperJam Weekend show, May 19-20. The quality of the show and talent was very close to any of the steel guitar shows we have attended the past few years! Special thanks to Norm Hamlet and the Strangers and all of the great backup musicians & vocalists and to everyone that had a part in making the NWSGA 2007 SuperJam such a success! Also I want to thank Russ & Laney Hicks, Joe Wright, David Wright, Jonathan & Randy Candler, Chuck Back, Frank Carter and all of the other great steel guitar players. A special thanks to Mingo and the Desperado's band for helping me out on my set. I'm proud of the great job they done. Thank you to Jim & Gerry Arnold and all of the staff and volunteers for their effort to make the NWSGA SuperJam such a success! Congratulations to Duane Becker and Neil Livingston whom were inducted into the NWSGA 2007 Hall of Fame. Duane and Neil have been a big part of steel guitar music in our area for many years. Duane was instrumental in hosting local steel guitar shows for many years before the NWSGA was formed in 2004. Neil was very active until he developed eyesight problems. He worked with Ira Allen and many other good bands thru the years and played steel guitar on the Louisiana Hayride show for a time. We're looking forward to another great show in 2008!
Lee & Darlene Lessig
Kelly Hydorn

nwsga jam

Post by Kelly Hydorn »

Well, what can you say about the jam except superb! Every player had a great set, my favorite was Frank Carters set with Once Upon Time In The West. That alone was worth the ride over from Montaner for me not to mention the Merle Haggards band the Strangers as a staff band? How cool was that. Larry Behm, your boots are still out of control and your sets were outstanding. Russ and Laney Hicks, thank you for gracing our show you are both precious people, Joe Wright thank you as well, you make playing look so easy. All the local player too, you made this show better than last year by far. I can't wait to see what's in store for next year. Jim Arnold, thanks for you kind words about my new enterprise, making seats for steel players. Almost forgot, Teddy your sunglasses made the sets.
Dave Burton

Post by Dave Burton »

Wow what a show! I first of all would like to thank everyone involved to the sucsess of the show...your hard work is greatly appreciated. Larry Behm, I was honored that I sang on your set and you played on mine...anytime man..

I have many pics of the show that I am sending to Spokane and some to David Wright, if you guys would be so kind to distribute them to whoever wants them that would be great.

Looking forward to next year... Dave Burton
Lana Rosselli

Post by Lana Rosselli »

To all you folks that got to go to Spokane - I'm so jealous! :mrgreen:
Miss Lana
SteelRadio.com
David Wright

Post by David Wright »

Don't Be Lana!!!... you just be there next year!!

One of the high lights was seeing Don & Sue from Sierra!!! These two are very missed in the Steel World!!!.. and by me !!

David Wright

Post by David Wright »

And A big Thanks to Jimmy & Biff... did a great Job!!!!

PS.. Found my Camera!!!! and don't ask!!!

David Wright

Post by David Wright »

I'm glad Frank knows what he was doing... just wondering about the two in the back!!! :lol:

David Wright

Post by David Wright »

Heres Ol Biff Dog.

Joel Johnston

How about Jonathan?

Post by Joel Johnston »

Hey David - Glad you found your camera . . . those are some great shots. Did you or anybody else get any pics of Jonathan's set? I thought he rocked your world a little when he showed you and Russ Hicks a new lick or two on Orange Blossom Special!
Joel
Neal Yeagley

Home from Spokane

Post by Neal Yeagley »

David, glad your home ok and found your camera! Great photos! Say hi to the lady and your looking good bro with that MSA and the shirt to match! Give me a call sometime! Neal Yeagley from Dtown, PA
David Wright

Post by David Wright »

David Wright

Post by David Wright »

Got the Pictures today.Dave!!!! Thanks!
Dave Burton

Post by Dave Burton »

I will never be the same!