THANK YOU from the NWSGA

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Jim Arnold

THANK YOU from the NWSGA

Post by Jim Arnold »

A great big THANKS from all of us in Spokane for the excellent show we had. The showcase players were at the top of there game and really wowed the crowd.From David Wright and Dan Tyacks blues jam to the story's from Norm Hamlet, Joe Wrights hilarious show( sorry Joe about the late start, 8pm from now on, I promise)Jonathan Candler, David ,and Russ Hicks jamming on stage, Frank Carter getting a standing ovation after playing "Once apon a time in the West" It was all so good. My heart felt thanks to all the pickers and vendors for making the trip up here, you made the show a real hit. We are already to getting started on next years, so make plans to join us in May 2008! Jim Arnold
Dean Batye

nwsga

Post by Dean Batye »

Her Jim, did anyone video & take pictures? I hope David was on his game,and my buddy Russ Hicks.I was hoping to make it this year ,but didn't work out. I am a member of the SWSGA ,hope to see youall next year.
Thank You
Dean Batye
Frank Carter

Post by Frank Carter »

I want to say thank you to Jim Arnold for inviting me
to play the Spokane Show. You are doing a fantastic job. I think this show is going to continue to get better and better. I also would like to thank Joel and all the guys in the band. They did an outstanding job. I hope to see everyone next year.
Frank Carter
David Wright

Post by David Wright »

Thanks Jim for all your hard work to make the Spokane Show a up and comer in promoting Steel Guitar!!!and Joel , a guy that does what ever is asked of him, and does it well.... :lol: I will see you all next year...

and a note on Frank Carter..... if you steel players out there want to hear a great player... buy his CD.. he brought thew house down in Spokane with his "once upon a time!!!... :shock:
Dan Tyack

Post by Dan Tyack »

Thanks from me to Jim and all the other folks who put this together. I'll definitely be back next year!

And I've got to agree with David on Frank Carter's album, it's a killer!
www.tyack.com
Capetown girls sing this wrong: "da doo, da doo"
Lee Lessig

Post by Lee Lessig »

My wife Darlene and I really enjoyed the 2nd Annual NWSGA SuperJam Weekend show, May 19-20. The quality of the show and talent was very close to any of the steel guitar shows we have attended the past few years! Special thanks to Norm Hamlet and the Strangers and all of the great backup musicians & vocalists and to everyone that had a part in making the NWSGA 2007 SuperJam such a success! Also I want to thank Russ & Laney Hicks, Joe Wright, David Wright, Jonathan & Randy Candler, Chuck Back, Frank Carter and all of the other great steel guitar players. A special thanks to Mingo and the Desperado's band for helping me out on my set. I'm proud of the great job they done. Thank you to Jim & Gerry Arnold and all of the staff and volunteers for their effort to make the NWSGA SuperJam such a success! Congratulations to Duane Becker and Neil Livingston whom were inducted into the NWSGA 2007 Hall of Fame. Duane and Neil have been a big part of steel guitar music in our area for many years. Duane was instrumental in hosting local steel guitar shows for many years before the NWSGA was formed in 2004. Neil was very active until he developed eyesight problems. He worked with Ira Allen and many other good bands thru the years and played steel guitar on the Louisiana Hayride show for a time. We're looking forward to another great show in 2008!
Lee & Darlene Lessig
Jim Arnold

Thank you all

Post by Jim Arnold »

Thank you for the kind words guys. This was a total group effort,with out the hard work of Chris Howie, Jack Peters,Russ Rask, Billy Barnett, Joel Johnston and all our support people, this would have never got off the ground. And to all the showcase players..THANK YOU! I hope you all had a goodtime and will spread the word about the NWSGA. I'm humbled to be in the same room with you all. As soon as the dust settles, we will be getting busy with next years get together. I'm proud to know you all...Jim
Dave Burton

Post by Dave Burton »

I can't thank the guys enough! I was a really great show.. I hope the word gets out.. you definitely get your moneys worth... Dave
Larry Behm

Post by Larry Behm »

I posted pictures under Spokane Pic 1 2 and 3 on this events page, check out all of our friends.

I had a great time, even though my set was almost a disaster, (two of my pedal rods came off and I was down on my back on stage doing guitar repair). Always good to see old friends and meet new ones as well. The folks who attended my 4 hours class lived to tell the story, I pray they will be better for it and always share it with others.

Jim you are the real deal, thanks for all of your hard work as well as the other members of the association who went the extra mile to make it all happen.

Larry Behm