Joe Nichols steeler Dean Holman

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Buster Sharp

Joe Nichols steeler Dean Holman

Post by Buster Sharp »

wow dean was at my show last night in eureka spgs ark.we talked at half time and one of the guys said hey wanna play the second half with us,to my shock he said sure!I thought my msa was gonna melt,we even did some blues and motown and he found cool cool ideas to play.Dean even stayed after the show tweeked my tone and pedal tuning .
I belive he is on his way to being one of the big dogs in our biz and nobody deserves it more,
Thanks for listening ,,,I just had to tell somebody!
OH and what a sweet wife .she didnt even get mad because he left he sittin alone for 45 mins,WE ALL KNOW THAT PAIN DONT WE
Robert Jones

Post by Robert Jones »

I share your feelings Buster. Dean is a super picker. This photo was taken a few years ago when he was picking for Moe Bandy in Branson. We were doing a show with John Daly to raise money for the Boys & Girls Club. It was a great night. I first met Dean when he was with Barbra Fairchild. I opened for Ricky Skaggs a few years later and guess who was picking for Ricky then? Yep you got it. I'm glad to see he is doing well. You won't find a better person than Dean.
Mullen Royal Precision D10 Red Lacquer Pearl inlay 8&8
"Life is too short for bad tone."
https://mullenguitars.com/
http://www.bjsbars.com/
Bowie Martin

Post by Bowie Martin »

I was in Branson last week and saw lots of shows with steel players. I noticed that Dean was not there - he had been on many shows there for years. It was always a highlight of my trip to hear him.
He is super.
Pat Carlson

Post by Pat Carlson »

I seen Dean at the Country tonite Show in Branson last summer Super Picker :)
The Lone Prairie Steeler Pat
Brett Day

Post by Brett Day »

Dean plays a Zumsteel with Joe Nichols.

Brett
Skip Cole

Post by Skip Cole »

Dean had a set at some of the previous Branson Jam sessions that is held in July. Also , he plays the Dobro and writes music if i understood his introduction correctly. Major musician anyways.:D If you haven't caught the Branson Jam yet , it'd be good to do so. You get your $$ worth.

Skip