Hudson Valley NY Workshop

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Dave Lounsbury

Hudson Valley NY Workshop

Post by Dave Lounsbury »

I am wondering if any other steelers would enjoy a Bob Hoffnar workshop. This thought came to me after extending an invitation to a new steeler on the forum and another member asked if he could come in on a lesson as well. I could hold about 8 to 10 steels in my shop and I have alot of amps. I spoke with Bob H. about it and he was for it. The workshop would be layered and you could work on your own with him. what to you think?
Dave
b0b

Post by b0b »

<bump>
Larry Jamieson

Post by Larry Jamieson »

Dave,
I'd be interested in coming down if it was at a time when I was did not have a gig scheduled.
Let me know if something develops.
Larry Jamieson
Hiro Keitora

Post by Hiro Keitora »

Where is Narowsburgh?? It sounds awfully familiar,
Now, do we need to drive up to your place, or we can take train or something? I have a car but hate driving around if i don't have to( I drive a lot for my day job in NYC traffic jams. Say no more.)

<H>
Bob Moore

workshop

Post by Bob Moore »

I would be interested If I could find out where you are and the date. I live in upstate NY. Would a beginner be accepted. Thanks Bob
Dave Lounsbury

Post by Dave Lounsbury »

everyone is welcome. we are going to give this a few days or a week or so and form it up. Narrowsburg,NY is about 90 mins north of NYC, its the next town over from "Bethel" and the woodstock site is 20 mins from my house. No trains, but you can get a bus to Montecello and we can work out pick ups from that point. best to drive though, alot of nature and history from any direction. If you have somthing specific you want to target, best to PM Bob Hoffnar in advance so he can help.
Dave
Hiro Keitora

Post by Hiro Keitora »

Oh, yeah-yeah, of course, off of Rt.17 !!

What dates are you thinking of??
Sam White

hudson N.Y. workshop

Post by Sam White »

Hi is this a seminar workshop?? If so what is it going to cost and are there Motels close by as I would be driving from Rhode Island.
Sam White
Dave Lounsbury

Post by Dave Lounsbury »

Hi Sam,
Bob and I talked alittle about food and costs but not about people traveling any great distances. I will get back to you and yes the area has motels.
Hiro, we are looking at mid July, but depending on the group that forms up and schedules we are flexable.
Dave
Bob Hoffnar

Post by Bob Hoffnar »

This will be good time. I'll do my best to make sure everybody gets some new insights that should make it worthwhile. Once we figure out who is coming I'll get lessons together to help anybody with what they are particularly interested in.
Dave's place in Narrowsburg is pretty nice if you like trees, streams, clean air and stuff like that. My dog always looks at me like I must be crazy when I tell her to hop in the truck so we can drive back to Brooklyn.
Bob
Buck Dilly

Let me Know

Post by Buck Dilly »

1- Let me know when it is.
2-Your dog is pretty smart, Bob.
Bob Hoffnar

Post by Bob Hoffnar »

Sat july 14th is good for me. I'm thinking $50 for the day. I'll prepare study materials for everybody based one what they want to get into. If you need to spend the night up there Dave should be able to put something together.
Bob
Dave Lounsbury

Post by Dave Lounsbury »

Sounds good Bob, I will have plenty of food and drink for all, if anyone has any special conditions let me know. Just an fyi, Bobs fee's for travel are in my lesson costs and fifty bucks is a good number, the food stuff is on me.
Dave
Bob Merritt

Post by Bob Merritt »

Dave,
I am interested in attending. Some questions:
1. Is there a consensus / quorum for 14 July?
2. How is it best to communicate our level and desired content?
3. E9, C6, or both? I would like some C6 but if i am only one, i wouldn't want to take others time on it.

Overall, what are your thoughts and the next step?
Thanks,
bob
Bob Hoffnar

Post by Bob Hoffnar »

I was thinking that there will be a private lesson in one room for each player while the rest of the players jam to tracks and swap ideas in the main room.
Some main group lesson time should be productive and fun also. I figure start with a group thing to see where everybody is at and get some basics across.
We are only looking at 5 or 6 people so it should be easy to deal with.
Bob
Hiro Keitora

Post by Hiro Keitora »

I was up in East Branch over the weekend, And When I was driving around in Delaware County, I realized that Narousburg is south of Calicoon, and isn't it the place for Delaware Art Center??

Well, if you are holding the workshop in Narousburg, I can come down from Hancock then.
Dave Lounsbury

Post by Dave Lounsbury »

Hi Hiro,
yes it is, 97 south from Hancock & Callacoon to Narrowsburg. My house it at the point the 10 mile river crosses over 97 and about 1/4 up from the Dellaware river ( I will PM the exact info to everone with phone numbers ) Are you Playing up here?
Dave
Lawrence Lupkin

Post by Lawrence Lupkin »

I highly recommend studying with Bob. I'm fortunate that I live close enough to have had extensive teaching from him. He taught me everything I know, but don't hold it against him. :P

Seriously, if you are nearby, I'm sure you will benefit from attending. He knows his stuff and is committed to steel guitar.
Dave Lounsbury

Post by Dave Lounsbury »

this needs a bump
Dave
Hiro Keitora

Post by Hiro Keitora »

Hey guys!!

What's happening with this??
I'm already bringing my steel and amp to our place up in East Branch. Is this still happening???
Dave Lounsbury

Post by Dave Lounsbury »

Hi All,
The seminar for the 14 of july is off. To those people who wanted to come Bob Hoffnar would like to try it at some point in the future, and is always welcome to have it here.
Thanks Dave L.
Dave