Bad sound to the player, great to others

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Terry Kinnear

Post by Terry Kinnear »

I feel my steel has the same problem ,Ive changed pickups,foot pedal ,bought a new hilton pedal which my wife bought me. my old shobud pro1 just seem to be to bright [ no bass end ] had my old sessions amp 400 ,checked and tested .still no matter what Ive done,it still seems to bright when Im playing out. So yesterday I called up ,Mike at Mullen and ordered a new Mullen G2 double 10 8&5 that should cure my problem [ thats what I told my wife ] aleast shes not saying a whole lot, yet,I have not told her ,I need a new amp to go along with the steel. I think Ill wait a week or so.
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

good work, terry....this is great...since lots of us have this same problem, we may all be getting some new toys ..any justification will do!
Terry Kinnear

Post by Terry Kinnear »

when i thought about buying a new steel guitar, i figured what the heck .I'll get my wife a second job and a paper route to help pay for my new steel.Great ,huh ? well when I woke up on the floor, coming to my senses, I said honey I love you,.[sometimes i think fast off my feet ]she must have felt sorry for me ,and let me buy my steel.steel wondering.
Gregg Thacker

Post by Gregg Thacker »

One suggestion would be to record yourself. Maybe that would give you a good idea. Rely on a member of the audience who would be quite honest with you.

Gregg
If it don't have a Steel, it ain't real!