Steel players that are also artists??

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Howard Tate

Post by Howard Tate »

John, I agree with Steve, that's wonderful. My wife is a civilian computer graphics illustrator for the U.S.Army at Fort Polk.
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

Eric your starting to sound like a politican.

I might vote for you. :D

Terry
Gord Cole

Post by Gord Cole »

Sign painter for 5 years and then an advertising artist/creative director for 37 years. Now I paint watercolours and wrestle the steel all day, every day. Boy do I love retirement! Cheers.--Gord
Jack Francis

Post by Jack Francis »

I thought that there might be more of us..some really talented folks out there....

Jim Bob...yes, painting "By the numbers" counts if your able to stay with-in the lines. :roll:
DESERT ROSE D-10 8/5...Joe Naylor "SteelSeat"...
Gallien-Krueger MB200 amplifier through an Alessis MicroVerb w/15'Peavey cab.
TELES & STRATS...
FENDER TWIN & SEYMOUR DUNCAN 50W tube amps...1-12" 2-12" & 4-12" cabs and a FENDER MUSTANG-3
John McGlothlin

Post by John McGlothlin »

I don't know if it counts or not but I like to work with photo editing....like trick photography I fooled around with a microsoft picture program and just kinda developed an interest in it. I'm certainly no professional at it but I've gotten some good laughs out of it.
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

This crawled out of my pen!
Last edited by Stu Schulman on 27 Apr 2007 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Jack Francis

Post by Jack Francis »

Stu..nice lookin' Desert Rose! :lol:
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Thanks Jack! It's a self portrait.
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Joe Drivdahl

Post by Joe Drivdahl »

I thought I was artistic. I tried my hand at oil painging, but it didn't go very well. I am mostly a computer programmer. Does that count as art? Sometimes the code is so pretty, I just have to print it out. I haven't framed any yet, but that too may come.

Joe
Randy (Fuzzy) Whitener

Post by Randy (Fuzzy) Whitener »

To me BE paints a beautiful picture in my mind every time I hear him play. 8)
Fuzzy
Joe Naylor

Post by Joe Naylor »

Jack is a nice guy too ---- Jack why don't you make some T-shirts with Steel guitars on them I know they would sell at the shows.

C-ya
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP
Jack Francis

Post by Jack Francis »

Joe....I think that Billy Easton is plannin' on doing that. (Nice guy?? Shucks :oops: :oops: )
Howard Tate

Bill Stafford

Post by Howard Tate »

My friend Bill Stafford sent me these samples of oil painting he did while in Saudi without his steel. The water looks like you could just dive right in.

ed packard

Post by ed packard »

Well, you have seen some of Bill Stafford's work, and Billy Robinson was mentioned. Add Bobby Black who is super at caricatures.

Billy R has a style that is unique and is great at it...of course he isn't bad on steel either!!!!
Howard Tate

Post by Howard Tate »

This is Howard's wife (Charlene) - thought I would sneak in here while he is outside and post couple of his oil paintings.
John Maggard

Post by John Maggard »

wow - a lot of nice work here. Everything from painting to cartoons to stained glass. Jon Light, is there a site to see your seriography work? I haven't worked in that media for years but always enjoyed it. Howard, those paintings are too nice to keep hidden away - thank you wife for sharing them here!

JPM