"Please Feed The Jukebox While I'm Gone"

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Steve Stallings

"Please Feed The Jukebox While I'm Gone"

Post by Steve Stallings »

Dang.. I heard this on a tiny little "Texas Music" station last night and loved the steel work. The pedal steel was all over the tune. I think this is David Ball on his new, just released CD. Anyone know who did the steel work?
Steve Stallings
Emmons Legrande II 8X5
John Roche

Post by John Roche »

Dan Frizsell
John Roche

Post by John Roche »

sorry it was Steve Larios. Dan Frizell produced it .
the full cast..
Personnel: David Ball (vocals, acoustic guitar); Billy Panda (guitar); Steve Larios (steel guitar, harmonica); Chris Carmichael, Joe Spivey, Kenny Sears (fiddle); Scott Miller (trumpet); Jeff Taylor (piano, accordion); Dan Frizsell (bass); Vince Barranco (drums, percussion); Kim Morrison, Stephen Hill, Randy Khors, Audrey Ball, Wood Newton (background vocals).
Bernie Gonyea

Post by Bernie Gonyea »

:cry:
Steve: Where is the clip which you wanted every-one to hear; and exactly, what's the name of the tune? I love to listen to a steel player when I have the opportunity to hear them perform..HeHeHaHa..Just funning, Steve..Thanks..Bernie :roll:
2007 Zum S-10; 1967 Sho-Bud [ D-10 ]; 85 S-10 Sierra; 1953 Multi-Kord [ 6 String- 4 pedals ] A Sho-Bro six String Resonator Guitar; Nashville 112 Amp; hilton Vol. Pedal
Ron !

Post by Ron ! »

CD title is "Heartache by the number".Release date 2007.

Ron
Bernie Gonyea

Heartaches By The Number " CD "

Post by Bernie Gonyea »

:lol:
Is the entire CD featuring David Ball? Seems like I have heard that melody, now that you mention it. Can someone place the song on a Utube Clip, for us to hear? Thanks..Bernie.. :?:
2007 Zum S-10; 1967 Sho-Bud [ D-10 ]; 85 S-10 Sierra; 1953 Multi-Kord [ 6 String- 4 pedals ] A Sho-Bro six String Resonator Guitar; Nashville 112 Amp; hilton Vol. Pedal
Ron !

Post by Ron ! »

Bernie.

This a very very good cd and a must have.It features old songs.
1.Pick me up on your way down.
2.Stop the world and let me off.
3.Heartaches by the number.
4.Sweet Dreams.
5.Please feed the jukebox.
6.There stands the Glass.
7.Faded Love.
8.Whats going on in your world.
9.Half as Much.
10.Please help me I'm falling.
11.I'm walking the dog.
Bernie Gonyea

Heartaches By The Number

Post by Bernie Gonyea »

:lol:
Hi Ron: Thanks a million for letting us know about this "CD" ; Wow, seems great to hear of a new CD being given permission to record good, genuine Country music, for our enjoyment.
If the recordings have Steel Guitar doing a lot of the back ground music, that's what I consider good C/W down to earth entertainment, as long as it's done, tastefully. A great thread, Ron..Bernie :lol:
Olli Haavisto

Post by Olli Haavisto »

I bought(download) the album from eMusic and I agree it is a must for fans of honky tonk steel.
The AMG list the following musicians:

Perry Coleman Vocals (bckgr)
Daniel Frizsell Producer, Engineer, Mastering, Mixing
Owen Hale Drums
Chris Leuzinger Guitar (Electric)
Lawson Little Photography
Larry Paxton Bass
Joe Spivey Guitar (Acoustic), Fiddle
Tommy White Guitar (Steel)

A bit different from what John listed.
Olli Haavisto
Finland
Steve Stallings

Post by Steve Stallings »

ok... I finally found some clips. This is just really cool stuff. I can't imagine any pedal steeler not wanting this. Great Stuff :!:

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct ... id=df00010
Steve Stallings
Emmons Legrande II 8X5
Henry Matthews

Post by Henry Matthews »

I had the privilege of playing for David Ball twice here in Texarkana. Once played steel and other time fiddle and we got to do everyone of those great tunes plus some other good county music. David is one of the nicest guys you ever met and really easy to work for. I had a great time. One of the highlights of my life.
Henry Matthews

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.
Ron Stafford

Post by Ron Stafford »

Steve, thanks for bringing this great CD to everyone's attention. It has some awesome steel work and the whole CD is full of great playing and singing. Here's the actual musician listing per the CD case and David Ball (I just got off the phone with him)- Background vocals: Perry Coleman, Drums: Brad Clancy (Brad works in David's band with us, too), Drums (Please feed the Jukebox): Owen Hale, Bass: Larry Paxton, Electric Guitar: Steve Gibson, Electric Guitar (Stop the world, Pick me up, Half as much): Chris Leuzinger, Steel: TOMMY WHITE, Steel (Feed the jukebox, I'm walking the Dog, Please help me, Faded Love, What's going on in your world): MIKE JOHNSON, Fiddle: Joe Spivey, Piano: Mike Rojas.

We're doing nearly all of these songs on David's show along with his classic hits. Have some fun and work up Mike's break on Feed the Jukebox-it's a great piece of steel work. Thanks to Mike and Tommy both, I really have my work cut out for me. And Henry, you're right, I've never met or worked with a nicer person in this business. He reminds me of Gary Stewart when it comes to being a great guy to be around and work with.

ps: David wrote "Please feed the Jukebox" and it was inspired by The Finish Line, a great club owned by some great people here in Ft. Worth!
2009 Rains Ultimate D10
2007 Rains Ultimate D10
1975 Sho-Bud Pro III Custom (retired) :-)
BJS bars
Steelseat.com seats