sending an mp3 by email

Post by DON ENGLE »

a question for wiz how do you send an mp3 by email
Dave Todd

Post by Dave Todd »

Simply attach it to an email like any document attachment
Wiz Feinberg

Post by Wiz Feinberg »

If your ISP returns an email that you have attached an mp3 file to, with a notice that this file contains a disallowed attachment type, you will have to use WinZip or WinRar to zip the file and then attach the zipfile to your email. I run into this occasionally, sometimes on the sending end, and sometimes at the receiving end. Each ISP has it's own email policy regarding attachments.

To answer your question technically, if you are using Outlook Express, drag and drop the file onto the body area of a new message and it will become an attachment. Other email clients may react differently, or the same. Web mail is different. You will have to use an attachment button and browse your hard drive for the file, then upload it to your ISP, from whence it will be hurled across the ethos, to it's virtual destination.
"Wiz" Feinberg, Moderator SGF Computers Forum
Security Consultant
Twitter: @Wizcrafts
Main web pages: Wiztunes Steel Guitar website | Wiz's Security Blog | My Webmaster Services | Wiz's Security Blog
Earl Foote

Sending large files

Post by Earl Foote »

I collaborate with a number of musicians over the internet. It is not uncommon for me to send files that are 20 to 60 MB in size. We use a service called yousendit.com. The way it works is you upload your file to thier server and then they send an e-mail with a link to your recipient. The recipient then just clicks on the link to begin the download of the file.
Wiz Feinberg

Post by Wiz Feinberg »

I upload files to my rented web server then provide links to download them. No need to use any other intermediaries.
"Wiz" Feinberg, Moderator SGF Computers Forum
Security Consultant
Twitter: @Wizcrafts
Main web pages: Wiztunes Steel Guitar website | Wiz's Security Blog | My Webmaster Services | Wiz's Security Blog
Robby Springfield

Post by Robby Springfield »

I think most ISP's allow just under 10mb file size for sending email. As long as your file size is not too large it should work just like any other attachment. A stereo file at 128 still holds up pretty well and will be somewhere between 6-9mb.