Fender Lap steel ?

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Frode Bjoernstad

Fender Lap steel ?

Post by Frode Bjoernstad »

Does any of you guys provide some info about this Fender Lap steel? The logo seems to be non-original, but the guitar seems according to owner to be sturdy and well built like a Fender. Any Ideas?

Gary Lynch

Post by Gary Lynch »

GUYATONE ( NOT FENDER ) STEEL GUITAR
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

You can see on the front of the guitar where the original logo was located. :cry:
Max Laine

Post by Max Laine »

basilh

Post by basilh »

Alan Brookes

Post by Alan Brookes »

Someone is either trying to commit a fraud, or they want the audience or other players to believe that they are playing a Fender. In either case they haven't done a very convincing job of it if you can see the marks from the Guyatone label. :lol:

A frequent deception is to put a Fender logo on a Squier Stratocaster of Telecaster. That's usually because the player doesn't want to admit that he can't afford the real thing. But at least Squiers are made by Fender. :wink:
David Slack

Post by David Slack »

Definitely not a Fender but not necessarily a Guyatone either. These were made in Japan under a few other names (Bruno for one). Hard to tell without the logo. Never usually see the single neck version. Where did you find this one?
Nic du Toit

Post by Nic du Toit »

This one belongs to my friend Peter den Hartogh.
Unfortunately I know nothing about this guitar, but Peter asked me to put these pics on the forum for comparison.

With "Spaghetti" Logo.
1970 P/P Emmons D10 flatback 8x5, BJS Bar, J F picks, Peavey Session 500, Telonics pedal. Boss GX700 effects.
Alan Brookes

Post by Alan Brookes »

Other than the finish, the instrument looks identical, but the Goya label is smaller. Looking at the original, the mark on the woodwork is exactly the size and shape of a Guyatone logo. I still think it's a Guyatone.