Credit Wher It's Due

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Michael Cutsforth

Credit Wher It's Due

Post by Michael Cutsforth »

Hi guys!

Want to thank everyone who attended the Dairy State Steel Guitar Show and again say how flattered Craig, Susie, Mark and I are at all the wonderful comments that have been posted.

However, since more participants know my name I have received the lion's share of compliments on the sound and stage crew. The credit should be going in large part to Dennis Niedert. Dennis is the only sound guy I really trust, and I'm a jerk about sound. Extremely demanding. But so is he. Dennis did an amazing job with a new system and was able to figure out a few of the "kinks" on the fly and it just kept getting better all weekend. Hardest worker in the world, and a fantastic ear. We couldn't have been in better hands. Thank you, Dennis!

The stage crew consisted mainly of Dean Boike and Jason Wahner. The instructions they received were "Hey guys, mind givin' us a hand?". That's all that was necessary. Their years of experience and positve work ethic and attitudes made the whole weekend flow without a hitch. An inglorious job, but handled with supreme expertise. Thanks Dean and Jason, as well.

These three deserve the credit and I would appreciate you attendees keeping that in mind.

Keep pickin'!

Michael Cutsforth
Michael Cutsforth

Post by Michael Cutsforth »

Please forgive typo on the header, four finger typist!

Michael
Bill McRoberts

Post by Bill McRoberts »

These fellas were a great help. Not being formally introduced to either of them, it seemed like they were old friends. Dean and Jason were a big help on moving equipment on and off the stage along with Dennis on the tech end. I hope they come back next year. Michael, you've got a great crew.