JERRY BYRD's "INVITATION".........

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ray Montee

JERRY BYRD's "INVITATION".........

Post by Ray Montee »

The JERRY BYRD FAN CLUB site is featuring a beautiful steel guitar instrumental entitled "Invitation" (to Love). It gives some really easy insite into Jerry's Diatonic tuning, the one he initially used on "Next to Jimmy" with Ferlin Husky, back in the early 1960's, I believe it was. It's really quite an intricate tuning and Jerry managed to ring out the very best of it for our ears to enjoy.

Another great tune featuring Gary Aiko on vocal, can also be heard on "Jerry's Music" page. Jerry's fabulous back-up can be heard quite well in these arrangements and it's always something for me to enjoy.

I've tossed in an olde by myself on "About Ray"'s page. It's nothing to brag about........just something to fill the page, to be sure.

Google will get you to the site.........
Nathan Hernandez

Post by Nathan Hernandez »

That Tommy Kizzah stuff is great. Ray, are you on any of the of the tracks on the CD you get from Tommy's daughter.
Ray Montee

About Tommy Kizziah

Post by Ray Montee »

Hi Nathan! I never rec'd any copy of any CD.....

Since none of my recordings with Tommy ever made it to 4_Star Records......I'm doubtful anything you 'might' have heard of me with Tommy's band, were most likely the Red Haired Lady........their original steel player.

Thanks for the kind words tho', they were appreciated.