Haggard's Band at the Spokane Jam in May

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Jim Arnold

Haggard's Band at the Spokane Jam in May

Post by Jim Arnold »

Looks like everythings in place for May 19&20th. We have good word that"The Strangers" yeah Hag's band will be here to back up our star studded line up of players..Joe Wright..Russ and Laney Hicks..Dan Tyack..David Wright..Jonathan Candler..Larry Behm..Duane Becker and plenty more. You can pre-registar for the show and get your hotel room taken care of at...nwsteelguitar.com...save yourself some money and do it now.Big Jim will be here with his BIAB and Thom Beeman will be showing off his new Steel Seat.Chuck Back from Desert Rose will have a display and be doing a showcase. David Wright will be here to talk to you about MSA and we have the gang from Siearra Steel here too. Hope yopu can make.
And one more thing, for you Jerry Byrd fans, the great Ray Montee will be doing his tribute.May will be here before you know it, so make your plans now!
Larry Behm

Post by Larry Behm »

Oh boy we be having some fun now. :D :D Now I can do all of my favorite Merle songs.

Larry Behm
David Wright

Post by David Wright »

This will be lots funn!!!
Lana Rosselli

Post by Lana Rosselli »

Yeah David, sounds like a truck load of fun! I'm jealous...I can't go. Bummer! Well, say hello to all the folks and have a humdinger of a time.
Miss Lana
SteelRadio.com
Ben Jones

Post by Ben Jones »

sweet! does that mean Norm Hamlet will be there as well?
I sent an email to Joe Wright asking to reserve a spot for his seminar...havent gotten a reply yet.
Jim is the PO box address on the website still valid for membership? My application and check came back 'no such address'
Lee Lessig

Post by Lee Lessig »

Looking forward to a great turnout at our May 19-20 NWSGA 2ND ANNUAL STEEL GUITAR SHOW. Our NWSGA website mailing address has been changed to P.O. Box 48507, Spokane, WA 99228-1507.
Lee Lessig
Dan Tyack

Post by Dan Tyack »

Who's in the current Strangers band?
www.tyack.com
Capetown girls sing this wrong: "da doo, da doo"
Ben Jones

Post by Ben Jones »

Thanks Lee, Checks in the mail (again). This just gets better and better. I'd be scared poopless tho to do a Hag tune with the strangers as my backing band, and Norm Hamlet sitting there. wow. just booked my hotel, be advised the cheap rooms are availble by phone it seems (I got one) but appear all booked up on their website. Cant wait till May.
Ron Page

Post by Ron Page »

Now I can do all of my favorite Merle songs.
All of 'em, Doug? I know you're fast, but ... :)
HagFan
Emmons Lashley LeGrande II
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

I'd be willing to fly in to do one. :)
Larry Behm

Post by Larry Behm »

I guess I could do about 10 Merle songs, not very good considering he probably has about 250 or more.

Larry Behm
Dan Tyack

Post by Dan Tyack »

I last heard the Strangers in 1971, I imagine they might sound a bit different today. Has anybody heard this band in the last couple of years? I'm trying to figure out what styles of music they might be comfortable with.
www.tyack.com
Capetown girls sing this wrong: "da doo, da doo"