Gospel Steel Show in INDY May 4th & 5th

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Doug Rolfe

Gospel Steel Show in INDY May 4th & 5th

Post by Doug Rolfe »

Hey ya'all.

We are finalizing the plans for the 15th annual GSGA show here in INDY on the 4th and 5th of May.

You can go to our website: www.gospelsteel.com and get all of the info regarding rooms, location, tentative players, etc.

Doug Jernigan will doing a workshop on Friday from 10:00a to 3:00p for $50.00. We are hoping for a good response to learn from one of the masters of the steel.

Come and be with us.
Fred Justice

Over Looked This

Post by Fred Justice »

Hi Doug, I guess I over looked this thread as I just now seen it.
Doug I know I'm looking forward to the Gospel Show again this year, in both playing and just being there to obsorb some of God's sweetest music on earth.

Thank you again for inviting me and thank you and Stevie for putting on this show again!!!, see you in May. :wink:
Email: azpedalman@gmail.com
Phone: 480-235-8797
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

Your's truly will be there also, the good Lord willin'.
I will have a table with some of my tabs and tracks CD's.
Hope to see y'all there! :D
Thom Beeman

Post by Thom Beeman »

Doug, count me and Luann in there. Looking forward to a great time. You need to stretch this into three days, there's sooo much great music to enjoy and great people.
Put Erv's table between mine and Fred's we'll try to keep him under control.
steelseat.com The most comfortable seat in the business.
Desert Rose S-10, Williams S-10
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

Hey! Two against one, that's no fair! :D
Jerry Roller

Post by Jerry Roller »

Control Erv? Good luck!!! Mercy, I forgot about Fred. I do think "control" is completely out of the question in both cases.
However, I too look forward to being there and seeing ole Fred and Erv again. It's a long drive but certainly worth it.
Jerry
Fred Justice

Long Drive

Post by Fred Justice »

Long drive??? Jerry are you kidding me? its just around the block for you. :roll:

Now, I've got a bit of a drive to get there. :shock:

But we can all agree on one thing, its sure worth it!!!!!
Wayne Smith

Post by Wayne Smith »

Doug and Stevee, We are really looking forward to being with you in May. It is a wonderful time of fellowship and great Gospel music with some of the finest folks anywhere. Can't hardly wait. It is always a marvelous show plus, they will make you feel right at home. See you there. God Bless.
Thom Beeman

Post by Thom Beeman »

Thank's Wayne, when you said, "some of the finest folk's" I knew you were talking about ol' Bozo and Erv. :lol:
Mike Sigler

Post by Mike Sigler »

Guys
I had to miss this one last year do to personal reason's but i look so forward to being there this year...I will have to work twice as hard to make up for last year, but i will kick it into overdrive.. :lol:
I look forward to seeing you all there at this great show, to lift up the name of the Lord.
Mike
Albert Svenddal

Post by Albert Svenddal »

Doug, I am looking forward to being there this year with my brand new "Williams 600 " guitar. Also, Dave Garrett, the sax guy will be with me. I can't wait. Blessings, Albert
Williams D-12 9x7, Emmons PP D-10, 8X5, Quilter SteeAire amp.
Lyndel Anderson

Post by Lyndel Anderson »

Who will be playing on Saturday?
Doug Rolfe

Post by Doug Rolfe »

The lineup isn't complete yet but it will include John Hughey, Doug Jernigan, Mike Sigler, at least one sacred steeler, Jerry Roller, Jerry Newberry and Austin Stewart, Al Svenddal, Robison Family, Wayne Smith, Fred Justice and a host of others. We have a couple of special events planned for Saturday also.
We'll also have a great lineup for Friday evening as well.
Thom Beeman

Post by Thom Beeman »

Doug, You should start planning on a three day show. There are soooo many great players and traveling 2000 mile one way three days would make me forget the gas prices.
Doug Rolfe

Post by Doug Rolfe »

It's a tough job getting two days organized much less three, but it's coming along. We have our players all lined up and are working on the seminar with Doug Jernigan.
You can go to our website which is www.gospelsteel.com for more info. Ya'all come and be with us.
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

Doug,
I am going to be bringing this custom Rains gospel model guitar with me to the show and Thom is building me a seat with custom embroidery to go along with it. :D

Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

Doug the time is growing nearer along with the excitement. :lol:

Erv I was wondering who bought Charlie's guitar, you lucky hound you!! :D
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

Fred,
I just couldn't resist it! As you know, all I play is gospel music and this guitar is made to order for my type of playing. You'll get a chance to see it at Indy.
Take care,
Erv
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

That makes for a good pair Erv, you and that guitar.
I got to set and play that guitar before Charlie took delivery on it, its a wonderful piece of work.
Doug Rolfe

Post by Doug Rolfe »

Great News!!! I've been waiting until now to confirm that David Spires will be with us again this year. This couldn't be confirmed until now as Jo Dee might have had a booking that would have been that same weekend.
David jokingly said that Jo Dee blocked that weekend just so he could come to the show. I told him to tell her thanks.
We had talked with him last year about the possiblity of this happening, so just another great reason to come to see us at the GSGA show here in INDY.
Lyndel Anderson

Post by Lyndel Anderson »

To the top for a great event!
Doug Rolfe

Post by Doug Rolfe »

Just three weeks until we have some of the greatest music this side of heaven. John Hughey, Doug Jernigan, Mike Sigler, David Spires and a host of others will be blessing us at the 15th annual GSGA show. Also there is still room for you to sign up for the Doug Jernigan workshop, which is only $50.00.
Bill Ferguson

Sound

Post by Bill Ferguson »

Linda and I will be making the journey from Atlanta, pulling our trailer loaded with sound gear. We had so much fun last year handling the sound, we begged Doug to let us do it again.

So we'll be arriving on Wednesday night. Any of you muscle guys, we'll be unloading the trailer Thursday morning. :lol:

And our dear friends, Jim & Pat Stewart from Vero Beach will be traveling with us. They have this neat little GPS we named Shirley to show us the way. However, when you turn in the main drive at the hotel, Shirley says, go around the lake, so we do.

Bill Ferguson
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
Doug Rolfe

Post by Doug Rolfe »

We are looking forward to Bill and his sound crew being with us again this year. They did a fantastic job last year. It sure makes it easier to pick the songs for the video when you don't have to worry abour the sound.
Doug Rolfe

Post by Doug Rolfe »

Just got a call from Gary Adams who was with the famous George Jones/Paycheck "Adams Brothers Band" will be here to be a part of the Doug Jernigan set. This will be quite a treat.