Just 3 More Days, A ll Day Country Music and Food

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Ernest Cawby

Just 3 More Days, A ll Day Country Music and Food

Post by Ernest Cawby »

Getting close, Bud Vanderburg will be here, Lou Roshelle, Wrote There is still a lot of love in Texas, "My version" pf the title, Jack Goodson called, he will be here, Tom Murphy is coming up These guys are from south Fl. Larry Bullock, Jack Conyer. And many more, all are welcome, all day country from the front porch. Usually we have about 150 or more from 4 states, good food and Country Music from steel guitars best. Come be with us, Hot dogs Hamburgers, spaghetti and more.

ernie
:lol: :lol: :roll:
Fred Jack

Post by Fred Jack »

Ernest, I love them all day dinners and music on the ground.Wish I was closer I might run into some old friends. Have fun! Fred
Jack Goodson

Post by Jack Goodson »

Ernie: martha has the suitcase packed, we will be coming on down friday, will give you a call as soon as we check in....thanks jack
Jim Hartley

Post by Jim Hartley »

Hey Ernie,

One of these days I'm gonna surprise you and show up at one of your get-togethers. If I wasn't booked this weekend, I'd come down to see ya. Sounds like you guys have a bunch of fun. You did say there was plenty of food didn't you? Say hey to all for me.

See ya soon,
Jim
Spencer Johnson

Post by Spencer Johnson »

Hi Ernest,

Need more info including directions, will eMail you.

Thanks,Spencer
Ernest Cawby

Getting close

Post by Ernest Cawby »

I just talked to Spencer on the phone in Palatka he is coming with another steeler, Lonnie Portwood is feeling better and thinks he will make it.
Jim you would give me an attack of some kind if you show up. We were coming to the fish fry but bad connections we had the wrong day, it was over when we knew.
Lanney told us to come on up and we would have a special event.
Jack Goodson is already here, Bud is on the way, looks like a good day ahead.
We are all cleaned up and ready for COUNTRY MUSIC.

ernie
Nick Reed

Post by Nick Reed »

Sure wish we could be there with you! Nick
Willis Vanderberg

Post by Willis Vanderberg »

Ernie:
All can can say is WOW ! !.
The old front porch will never be the same again. We had non stop pickin all day . Push pull Emmons everywhere and pickers who could play them. Throw in a Zum or two and a ShoBud or two and a MSA or two and my Mullen, whatever has strings on it. If that didnt blow your cotton pickin mind, there were very good singers too. Lou Rochelle sang his heart out and Tom Murphy played some good rhythm guitar and did some great vocals too.When you have steel pickers doing the singing , you know you will get some great tunes to play. We had some good old western swing going too.There were lead players, bass players , fiddlers, a couple of drummers and the best southern cookin agoin.I ate too much and enjoyed ever minute of it.
Thanks to Ernie and his family for a wonderful entertaing day. the ladies did a great job with the cooking and were pleasant to visit with too.
I will be at the next one for sure...

Bud
Jack Goodson

Post by Jack Goodson »

I will agree with everything that willis said , i have not enjoyed a jam session that much in a long time. we even went by ernies on the way out of town this morning and had breakfast with ernie and his family. just like saturday they had enough breakfast to feed a crowd. martha and i really had a great time and i want to thank ernie and his family for everything, ..thanks ernie...jack and martha
Spencer Johnson

Post by Spencer Johnson »

Thanks Ernie,

Chuck Sherman and I want to thank everybody for the great time we had last Saturday. Good food, hospitality, and a chance to meet all the players was a real good encouragement to us. Spencer