Sixth Annual Dairy Jam

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Bill McRoberts

Post by Bill McRoberts »

Hi Jory!
Yeah, back in '05?? Country Fest in Oshkosh. Our gig got rained out.
Glad you're coming to the show!
See you this weekend...........Bill
Wow 5 pages....lets put a hard cover on this and sell it.
Kirk P Dighton

Post by Kirk P Dighton »

Nobody would believe it Bill. It would have to be "fiction" classification......... :lol:
Mark Wayne

Post by Mark Wayne »

Hotel room....$59
Dinner for 2........$35
Grabby thing that once in a while latches onto a stuffed animal........$0.25

Listening to steel players play their hearts out at the Wisconsin Show....PRICELESS
Mark Wayne Krutke
****markwayne.biz****
Bill McRoberts

PRICELESS

Post by Bill McRoberts »

Mark, you forgot : 1 bunch of bananas......$0.79 cents :P
all this steel-fun in just a matter of hours!
Craig A Davidson

Post by Craig A Davidson »

two days to go. If we keep posting guys we can give the ZB post a run for it's money. :D
Kirk P Dighton

Post by Kirk P Dighton »

Craig and Suzy, Looking forward to this weekend, bad back and all. I heard that increasing banana and ice cream intake is a good cure for that though. Mom and Dad are also coming up with us. They are also excited to be coming and seeing all of our great new friends. See you Friday night at The Tavern. :D
George McLellan

Post by George McLellan »

Snow or no snow, I'm on my way tomorrow morning.

I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Geo
Craig A Davidson

Well here we go and it looks like the weather might be ok this year. Boy am I glad of that.
Bill McRoberts

Post by Bill McRoberts »

Well the snow is about gone here. Hope everyone that is coming this weekend has a safe trip. See you at Craig's jam tonight at the Mead Tavern with the "Wicked Andersons" or as Ole would say "Andersens" Anyway, Golly they're wicked!:wink:
Bill McRoberts

Post by Bill McRoberts »

Hey! I look like the guy in the last post. Well, I drive fast.
Just got back and I wanted to thank Craig and Susie for another fine show including everyone that played. Thanks to Glenn Runnels, Roger Miller, Harry Lang and Mark Wayne for being one of the finest back up bands in the midwest. Also, Producer Michael Cutsforth and crew for making everyone that played this weekend sound their best.
Meeting, talking with, and seeing Don Helms play was a true highlight of the weekend along with having Rob Parker and Joe Wright as featured artists made this a great show. Thanks Craig!
Craig A Davidson

Thanks Bill and thanks to everyone who helped make the show a success. Everyone was at their finest,but my thrill was getting to play guitar behind the great Don Helms. We are already looking forward to next year. And we also can't wait for the Benton Ill. show in April.
George McLellan

Post by George McLellan »

It certainly was a great time! Lots of fine playing, and the sound crew did a fantastice job. Thanks to all that make it happen and all the work that goes into making it such a wonderful time. As a lot of you mentioned, Don Helms was also the main reason I play steel and knew I liked it long before I knew what it was and who was playing behind those great Hank Williams songs. I really enjoyed listenting to his stories about his time with Hank.

Mark, "Yes, we got no bannanas". I hope to see a lot of you folks at the "2nd Annual Arrowhead Steel Guitar Showcase" here in Duluth on May 5th & 6th.

Geo
Mark Wayne

Post by Mark Wayne »

Geo, thanks, and you sounded great.

Thanks to everyone to participated in every way :wink: ...mark
Burr Oxley

Post by Burr Oxley »

What a fun event!

Backup bands just don't get much better than Roger Miller on lead guitar, Mark Wayne on bass, and Harry Lange on drums, and the fellows who filled in while these guys grabbed some chow or took a break didn't let the quality slip a bit! Michael Cutsforth and the sound crew kept problems to a minimum and sound at a maximum. (Plus Michael is a fine bass player when his presence was required there, too!)

We all know that Joe Wright is one of those Forces of Nature that just has to be marveled at and appreciated, and Don Helms is a fine gentleman who can still really play and is willing to share a glimpse into the world of Hank Williams. Danny Hullihen and Rob Parker each also played 2 sets and put on fine performances. A better group of "headliners" could hardly be imagined.

And the "local" steel players from Iowa, Illinois, Kentucky, Minnesota, and Wisconsin are a very talented and enjoyable group of musicians, as are the members of their bands who played at the Jam.

Finally, Susie and Craig and the other "behind the scenes" people who make these events work so well all deserve praise and thanks for making this "Udder Jam" work so well.

Now I've gotta wait 364 days for the next one.....
Chad Karnitz

Post by Chad Karnitz »

And let's not forget our own Glenn Runnels who fiddled all weekend (most of it onstage, too)
Dale Chroninger

Post by Dale Chroninger »

Thanks for another wonderful jam. My hat is off to Craig & Suzzie and all the great people that worked so hard to make this possible. Like everyone else, meeting, and listening to, the great Don Helms was a special experience. Without Don's haunting steel guitar style, there wouldn't have been a Hank Williams as we know him. Thanks again guys...I'm looking forward to next year.
Burr Oxley

Post by Burr Oxley »

Shows what old age and insufficient sleep can do to a 60-year-old brain....

How in the HECK could I forget to acknowledge the great fiddle work by Glenn. Sorry about that, Glenn!
Lefty Schrage

Post by Lefty Schrage »

We'd like to echo what many of your have said--great Dairy State Jam this past weekend! Thx to everyone who helped make it a great success and hats off to two great inspirational steel guitar icons -- to Joe Wright for his stellar performances Saturday and Sunday and also to the unforgettable Don Helms who inspired so many of us in the 'early years' as we were learning to play steel guitar! Craig, Susie, Michael and the rest of the gang are congratulated for organizing a fine show! Also, the outstanding support and dedication of house band members Roger Miller, Glenn Runnels, Harry Lange, and Mark Wayne need to be recognized! It would real difficult without you guys. Looking forward to 2008!
...lefty and barb
Danny Hullihen

Wisconsin Dairy Jam

Post by Danny Hullihen »

I just wanted to say a great big thank you to everyone who attended this years show. This is without question one of the most fun and enjoyable shows I've had the honor of being invited to play at, and I'm hoping to be able to do it again next year.

Craig, Susie, Michael and the rest of the staff have indeed done a superb job on organizing one of the finest steel shows in the country! And the outstanding support of the house band members, Roger Miller, Glenn Runnels, Harry Lange, and Mark Wayne are the best musicians anyone could ever hope to have on stage with them.

A very deep heart-felt thanks to all of you.
Jory Simmons

Post by Jory Simmons »

Ditto on everything....It was my First steel show, and I'm kickin myself for waitin so long. What pure pleasure it was to Finally meet all of you guys from the Forum and hear ya'll play. Can't wait to read Don Helms' book, and I touched his Steel!!!!!!!!!! I was nervous and scared...and my Hands were shakin as I sat at My Steel Sun eve and tried to Play! Hope to have it all together next year! Thanks Craig for the Invite (and the JBL) for my N112. Image
Jory Simmons
Danny Hullihen

Dairy Show

Post by Danny Hullihen »

Jory. Nervous and scared never showed for a minute, and I think you put on a stellar performance! Keep up the good pickin my friend.
Jory Simmons

Dairy Show

Post by Jory Simmons »

Danny..Thanks for the Kind words......and the New Rains!!!!! I Love It!!!!!!!! Jory
Jory Simmons
Roger Miller

Post by Roger Miller »

I must say that Glenn, Harry, and Mark are some of the easiest players to play with. I'm honored to work with them and makes it much easier when supporting all of you.
Thanks to: Rob, Don, Joe for their great talents, and hope we all work together again soon.
Craig and Suzie and Micheal and crew for a great production and event.
I will say Deborah gave me the hardest chart to read, and I love her for that. Keep up the hard work, Deborah is the future of the steel guitar and she is off to a great start.
Thnks for a great weekend!!!

Roger
Roger Miller

Post by Roger Miller »

I had not forgotten Danny, I just wanted to thank him for his presence there, his playing and bringing the two best pickers. Marilyn and Jazzy are just great, and they take care of business when Danny is up there. See you soon girls.
Roger
Craig A Davidson

I call this picture the past,present,and future. The characters are Deborah Block, who is just 14 I believe, Me, and the Legend, Don Helms.