VSII Question

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bob Belcher

VSII Question

Post by Bob Belcher »

A little help here ya'll. My VSII in the steel mode plugged directly into the guitar does not change when different string is played, stays on C1, is this an operator malfunction (since I have no manual) or whats up with this? Am I missing something, should I change the note on the tuner...whats up? Thanks :(
Dekley S10
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

I had one that did the exact same thing. I called Peterson, and as it was under warranty they replaced it. The person I talked to said it was a known issue if too high a signal level was input to the unit, but I never input anything other than the low level pickup output of the guitar.

If it's out of warranty, call Peterson anyway and see what they will do for you.
Mike Wheeler

Post by Mike Wheeler »

Don't have an answer, but here's a link to download the manual.

http://www.petersontuners.com/support/p ... &option2=4

You'll want "VS-II Full Manual.pdf".
Best regards,
Mike
Bob Belcher

Post by Bob Belcher »

Thanks guys, well it's heading to Peterson for rotation and oil change, unfortunately I purchased it from a well known member on the forum and he never said it had "issues"...I guess I just assumed we were a different class than the Ebay bunch...lesson learned :( :roll:
Dekley S10
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

One would hope the forum members had higher standards, but unfortunately that is not always the case.

I've bought a couple of things off of the forum and both were "not as advertised".
Morton Kellas

Post by Morton Kellas »

If I sold anything that was not as I described it, I would make it good. Perhaps the item was damaged in shipping, this could happen to any one of us.
Bob Belcher

Post by Bob Belcher »

Just a little update here...I must admit, I was dissapointed that "someone" sold a sour apple and expected to reap the rewards anyway, but I guess a buck is a buck in some's eyes. Anyway, after a email and conversation with Sue at Peterson she said ship it back and we'll tell whats up with it. The day it arrived I recieved an email from Her and Repair stating that sorry for the inconvienence, we replaced a few things and it's on it's way to you..no charge. What, no charge? Wait, I bought it used as stated, but the warranty card was still in the box. Now folks, here is a perfect example of not only meeting customer expectations but performing well above to exceed them. As a QC/QA person I was very impressed. It arrived today as promised and works perfectly! THANK YOU PETERSON and SUE, you have established a very loyal following and support from not only me, but the COPSGC group and members! Now that's Customer service up and beyond! Thanks for your help everyone. :D
Dekley S10
Bob Baringer

Post by Bob Baringer »

Bob, I bought a Peterson a couple years back and didnot use it due to "down time" when I used it, it done the same as yours it was out of warranty, I contacted Peterson they said to ship it back and in a short while I got it back "NO CHARGE" a great company no doubt !