MSA Room @TSGC

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Johnny Cox
Location: Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas

MSA Room @TSGC

Post by Johnny Cox »

Come join us in the MSA room at TSGC. We will have new Millennium and Legend pedal steels along with the Super Slide non-pedal guitars. We will also have our brand new MSA Studio Pro pedal steel guitar for you to check out. Many of the MSA family of players will be there including Reece Anderson, Johnny and Joan Cox, David Wright, Russ Hicks, Duane Dunard, Lonnie Bennett and Jay Dee Maness will be paying us a visit as well. There will be many others so I best not try to mention them all. We will set up Thursday evening and continue through Sunday with almost non-stop pickin. All are welcome to join in the fun. The Sunnyside room is located in the main hall behind the old lounge, right next to our friends at Star Guitars. :D
Johnny "Dumplin" Cox
"YANKIN' STRINGS & STOMPIN' PEDALS" since 1967.
Greg Cutshaw

Post by Greg Cutshaw »

Johnny,

Ok, I'll bite! Can you reveal any details about the new MSA Studio Pro pedal steel guitar?

Greg
Darvin Willhoite

Post by Darvin Willhoite »

I'm afraid to go in there, it usually winds up costing me a lot of money.
Darvin Willhoite
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.
Lana Rosselli

Post by Lana Rosselli »

Oh my...ya'll are at it again! I'll be sure to stop by and sit a spell!

See ya soon!
Miss Lana
SteelRadio.com
Johnny Cox
Location: Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas

Post by Johnny Cox »

Gregg, the Studio Pro is a model that some of the pros have asked us to design. It is a wood body (hard rock maple) with all the same mechanics as the Legend and Millennium. We have streched the scale length to 241/4, and given it a new look for MSA. It will be available in black, natural, or black top / natural front and rear as standard colors. The Studio Pro will come with Lawrence 710 pickups and will have the traditional steel legs standard. D10 8X5 with standard case will retail under 5K.

Darvin, come on in pal. I'll have my order pad ready for you.
Johnny "Dumplin" Cox
"YANKIN' STRINGS & STOMPIN' PEDALS" since 1967.
David Wright

Post by David Wright »

Cindy and I are looking forward to our stay in Dallas!! as always!! Like Johnny says lots of players playing in the M.S.A. Room.. so be sure and come by and say HI!! and test drive and new M.S.A. today! ... :lol:
Bill Simmons

Post by Bill Simmons »

I'm sneeking over from the Rains Booth to see all my MSA buddies plus see and hear the great MSA Steel guitars. I'm still hoping Johnny will leave his back door open so I can steal one of his MSA's!! HA HA
Jim Walker

Post by Jim Walker »

If you spend much time in the MSA Room, you better put 911 on your speed dial, David's MSA is on fire!
Duane Dunard

The MSA Room

Post by Duane Dunard »

Looking forward to seeing everybody again this year at the MSA room. Those Texans sure make you feel at home and know how to put on a great show. :)
Bill Myrick

Post by Bill Myrick »

Looking forward to meeting Reece's daughter, Charice, this year. Missed her last year darn it ! She is the creator of "Strength" a masterful original acrylic American Bald Eagle by Charice that graces my office in Pea Ridge. If you have an ounce of patriotic blood in your veins, this creation will make the hair stand up on your arms !! Check him out on my home page at www.amkobldgs.com and there is a link there to Charice's site too. She does wonderful work. One forumite made a post a couple years ago entitled "Artist Out Shines Reece" He'd be the first to second that I bet, huh proud poppa ? :)