Who is going to mesa?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Mike Perlowin

Who is going to mesa?

Post by Mike Perlowin »

I'll be there, but I won't be performing this year. I've been busy with other things (among them the Chalker DVD which, barring unexpected delays, should be available in time for the show,) and haven't had a lot of time to practice for the last few months, and I'm pretty rusty, and I feel that if i can't play at my best, I'd rther not play at all.

I'll be spending at least some of the time helping b0b run the forum booth. Please stop by and say hello. (If you bring coffee, I'll be forever grateful.)
Please visit my web site and Soundcloud page and listen to the music posted there.
http://www.mikeperlowin.com http://soundcloud.com/mike-perlowin
Curt Shoemaker

Post by Curt Shoemaker »

I'll be there Mike!! Looking forward to seeing everyone. Stop by the table and say hi.
Darrel Muzney

Mesa

Post by Darrel Muzney »

Mike I'll be there and hope to get a Chalker DVD while I'm there.

Darrel Muzney
South Sioux City NE
Mike Perlowin

Re: Mesa

Post by Mike Perlowin »

Darrel Muzney wrote: I... hope to get a Chalker DVD while I'm there.
I hope you can get one too Darrell. The scheduled delivery date for the disks is the day before I leave for Arizona, and if there is even a one day delay, I'm screwed. I must confess I'm on pins and needles wondering if I'll have the disks in time.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong between now and nest Tuesday.
Wayne Franco

Hey Mike, I'll be in Mesa

Post by Wayne Franco »

I'm really looking forward to some nice warm weather especially looking out the window right now. Nothing but snow out side. "Baby its cold outside"
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Mike, maybe you should have them (or at least one box of them) delivered to the hotel in Mesa. That way, if they're a day late, you're not screwed. Just a thought.
Mike Perlowin

Post by Mike Perlowin »

Jim, if they are not ready in time, Laurie will pick them up as soon as they are, and Fed Ex them to me at the hotel. But as of this morning, according to the duplicating facility, everything is actually a little ahead of schedule, and and it looks like they will be ready in time or even a day early.

No matter what happens, I'll have one disk there, and something to play it on, so everybody can see it.
Tom Mossburg

Post by Tom Mossburg »

I don't want to dim the hopes of all those looking for warm weather hear in the southwest during the show but we've had a cold snap here. In fact its been so cold you can't hardly go swimming before noon!
john lemay

Post by john lemay »

I'll be there running sound
Michael Johnstone

Post by Michael Johnstone »

I was really gonna try to make it this year as it seems like it's turning into a real serious get together but I've got to go and play at Sneaky's memorial service that weekend out in Joshua Tree. I think Greg Leisz is gonna play also. It's just real bad timing. But you guys have a natural ball and don't forget to hit a lick and tip a pint for our friend Pete Kleinow.
Joe Naylor

Who is going to mesa?

Post by Joe Naylor »

I am going --- I am just a little closer than the guys in CA -

It sounds like we are going to have a great group once again.

C-ya'll there

Joe
Chris L. Christensen

Post by Chris L. Christensen »

I'll be there, Mike. I'm really looking forward to attending the Doug Jernigan seminar. I think this year's show will be great.
Darvin Willhoite

Post by Darvin Willhoite »

I'll be there, I want one of those Curley DVD's also. Like Jimbeaux, I missed my chance at the big time, by starting out as a "Mikette". Well, maybe next year. LOL
Darvin Willhoite
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.
Fred Justice

United Press Release (Darvin Willhoite In Mesa Az.)

Post by Fred Justice »

Darvin you rascal, you been holding out on me, I never knew you were coming to the Mesa Show, looking forward to seeing and visiting with ya!! :)
Email: azpedalman@gmail.com
Phone: 480-235-8797
Dean Batye

Post by Dean Batye »

Hey, I have been looking foward to Mesa for a year now, glad it is time to do it again. It will be great to see everyone.
What a lineup for the show!! How cold is it down there? Mike
was looking foward to the high kick as a Mikette, next year IGUESS. See youall soon.
Dean Batye
Concord, Ca.
John McConnell

Post by John McConnell »

Barbara abd I will be ariving Friday Morning. I hope we get there in time to see b0b play. I know he can do it before noon. It will be great to see everyone.

John McConnell, Yuba City, CA