Bobby Flores

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Chris Spencer

Bobby Flores

Post by Chris Spencer »

I'm sure this is old news to you guys, but I was just on Yellow Rose's site and listen to a sample cut of "I Didn't Realize" on Bobby's newest release. This has always been one of my favorite Wills tunes and this version KILLS me! If you haven't heard it give it a listen.
Ben Lawson

Post by Ben Lawson »

I haven"t heard it yet but I know if Bobby's involved in it it has to be great.
Ron Sodos

I agree

Post by Ron Sodos »

I went to Ruidoso NM a couple of months ago and saw Bobby play. The absolute best of the best. Watching him is a great reminder that country music is still alive and well. He is a real nice fellow as well. I went up to talk to him. What a great and humble guy.....
Bryan Knox

Post by Bryan Knox »

It is simply beyond reason why Bobby Flores and Daryle Singletary both are not signed to a top label and being heard on the radio every day. Purely criminal. :x

Both these guys have more talent in their little finger that most of the "talent" we are subjected to on commercial radio today.

Thank God for XM sattellite radio.

Whew...I feel better now. 8)

BigB
Prevent Juvenile delinquecy...teach children to STEEL

1976 MSA D-10 8+4, Mullen D10 8+4, G&L Skyhawk, Fender '52RI Telecaster, Eastman MD 615 lefty mandolin, Fender DPC750 w/Tubefex, Custom Twin Tweed Cabs w/ Peavey 1504's, 70's Fender Super Reverb, Martin D28-L.
Ben Lawson

Post by Ben Lawson »

wdvrfm.org plays Bobby Flores, Jake Hooker, Justin Trevino as well as Herby Wallace, Dicky Overby even Laney and that steel player that follows her around...what was his name????. Tom Wardle is the DJ and he's on Mondays 9-noon eastern time and Wed. 7-10pm. There are other country DJ's on that station but they have a mix of different types of music and talk, not all country.
Greg Cutshaw

Post by Greg Cutshaw »

I just checked out Yellow Rose and realized I didn't own the two latest Bobby Flores releases so now I do! I have bought more records from them in the last 2 years than any other record label. You always get a CD full of good songs with these guys, not just one hit and a bunch of throw ins.

Greg
Last edited by Greg Cutshaw on 19 Jan 2007 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Charles Curtis

Post by Charles Curtis »

What Greg said; IMO, Bobby Flores is the most fantastic musician to come along in a long time.
Roger Kelly

Post by Roger Kelly »

Greg and Charles, you have stated my opinion exactly.