Peavey vegas amp

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Francis Smyth

Peavey vegas amp

Post by Francis Smyth »

Could I have some feedback on a Peavey vegas amp. I have already have a nashville 112 but I think a 15 inch speaker gives a richer tone. Comments please
Bill Simmons

Vegas 400

Post by Bill Simmons »

In my opinion, the Vegas 400 is one super amp with the two channels allowing you to use multiple instruments. With the mod they are really wonderful sounding amps.
Mike Wheeler

Post by Mike Wheeler »

Well, although the Vegas is definitely a great amp, in my opinion, you'll only gain a little more bottom end...and of course, lots more volume. Having two channels, though, does allow running two instruments thru it at the same time...like a guitar and a steel, or whatever. It's best for that purpose.

As far as sound quality goes, the general concensus is that the NV112 is terrific for steel. But, by itself, it won't cover a large room if you're playing with a band, unless you run a feed to the PA. Some guys use two at once for more volume and coverage.

BTW, I just got an email from our own Ken Fox. He said he just finished doing the Extreme Mod on a Vegas 400, and that the improvement was "awesome". And I'm sure it was.

So, if you need lots of volume, get a Vegas and I'd have Ken do the Extreme Mod to it. But, if you're just after great sound quality and don't need high volume, I'd stick with the NV112. The sound quality of both amps is wonderful IMO.
Best regards,
Mike
Francis Smyth

Post by Francis Smyth »

I wasnt thinking of selling my nashville 112 but to have a vegas as a second amp. How much is the modification kit for a vegas amp and is it hard to do.Is there a diagram with it.
Ken Fox

Mod for Vegas

Post by Ken Fox »

This should help:

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=101172

If you are not a tech, then I do not recommend trying this yourself!
Mike Wheeler

Post by Mike Wheeler »

Ken speaks the truth, as usual. Save yourself the heartache (or heart stoppage) and have a really good tech do it for you...like Ken!
Best regards,
Mike
Charlie Moore

vegas

Post by Charlie Moore »

Francis,i have used the Vegas amp for years and i love it,i put a BW1502DT speaker in mine and helped a lot as well,just some more input for you to look at...c ya
Charlie..