New Magnum guitars

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Billy Carr
Restricted

New Magnum guitars

Post by Billy Carr »

Well after looking at the Magnum guitars for a while, I finally got to try one a few minutes ago. I've got two that I ordered for my steel shop that arrived today. I just checked out the black S-10D with a George L 10-1 SS pick up. Playing it through a NV-1000. These are great sounding and playing guitars. I was really surprised at the tone and sound, as well as, the easy playing. Believe it or not, the guitar didn't have to be tweaked. I also have a D-10 in blue BE mica. I hadn't took it out of the shipping box yet. I may keep it for a personal guitar. My other personal guitar is a D-10 Carter, also in blue BE mica. Try a MAGNUM guys and you'll see what I'm talking about. I'm very impressed and can't wait to get my hands on the D-10.
Sonny Priddy

magnum

Post by Sonny Priddy »

One Of My Guitars Is A New Magnum It Is Great Everything I've Always Wanted In A Steel. Wow. Try One You'll Be Glad You Did. Got Mine From Bobbie Seymour At Steel Guitar Nashville. THANKS Bobbie. SONNY.
Allan Thompson

Post by Allan Thompson »

Just listen to Sarah Jory play hers, Wow!!!!!
Jim Eaton

Post by Jim Eaton »

I played a D-10 Magnum at the NAMM show when they came out with them a few yrs back and I was very impressed with it.
It's very smooth playing, the fit and finish on all parts was very good and as best as you can tell on a show floor, it sounded very good too! I think I got filmed by a Japanese TV crew as I was playing it when the interview lady was talking with John Fabian. Maybe that explains all those funny phone msg's I keep getting! LOL
JE:-)>
Dean Schrock

Post by Dean Schrock »

What I don't understand is why the folks at Carter guitars feel the need to make the magnum when they already have the carter guitar to sell. any one know why they make it, Is it better or less quality than the carter?
John Fabian

Why we developed the Magnum Brand

Post by John Fabian »

This was posted by me on another thread started by Bobbe Seymour:
We developed the Magnum Pro Select Steel Guitar in response to our dealers' and their customers' requests for a professional steel guitar they could buy from their local dealer.

The Magnum undercarriage is simplified and easier to work on. The pedals are different. The Magnum uses Grover/Ping tuning machines, our own pickup (standard) and does NOT have BCT. The legs are aluminum as opposed to steel and the overall finish is a combination of glass beading and powder coating.

Magnum also uses UPC labels and EAN 128 barcode serial numbers to get that great sound. :wink:

Magnum's started shipping in July of 2005.
We have been very pleased with the initial response and the reception by both our present and potential customer bases.

Magnum Pro Select Steel Guitars are only sold though our authorized dealer network. There are no factory-direct sales.
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

I would like to add that I feel this guitar is the "Great deal of the Century." VERY precision, incredible design, light and strong and inexpensive because of high volume production, not because of and short cuts in quality. As a matter of fact, the quality is beyond beliefe, as close to perfect as you can imagine. The design work is not flawed in any way.
I have seen several "new" guitars on the market today that are great quality, but suffer in the original design work, ie. ratios being wrong, to much flexability in the undercarrage, poor tone quality, no fgactory support etc., this "Magnum" has none of these problems.
I am very happy with this guitar and have had NO complaints from any customers, professional in Nashville or non-pros the world over. I, even with my love of vintage guitars, have added one of the double neck Magnums to my "user" collection of guitars. I love it, with either pickup available.
How about the double warranty by buying from a dealer?

I want to thank Bud Carter, John Fabian , and yes, Ann Fabian for making this incredible little guitar available to the steel comunity. With everyone else trying to make a Cadillac, it's great to see someone making a great Corvette.
Check it out, you won't be sorry.
Bobbe Seymour,
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

Oh yes, I still love the little GFI, but these two guitars are head to head in the sales wars, as well they should be, These guitars represent the best values in new steels today.
You can't argue if you haven't given them at least a good month trial, experience has been my teacher here. You can't just tell by looking, play them, compare them, and let them convince you themselves. The new Magnum? You'll be suprised in a very good way.

Do I still love the Emmons P-P tone?? Heck yes! Do I still love playing the old vintage guitars? YES! But, my mind is always open and GFI and Magnum have made me glad I have an open mind, (Open 9 to 5 anyway,)

Bobbe
Billy Carr
Restricted

Magnum D-10

Post by Billy Carr »

Well, folks I test drove the D-10 blue Magnum tonight(Sat). I have the George L 10 SS p/u's in it. Wonderful guitar. All I used was a FSK with a 1501 BW speaker , little reverb and a Hilton 262-B pedal. This one is now in my personal collection of guitars I play on gigs/sessions. It was a real pleasure to sit down from 8 to 12 and play this little guitar. Very smooth, great sustain and tone on both necks. I especially liked the growl on the low end of the C6th neck. Very simply put, "It's MAGNUM time".
Jimmie Martin

magnum

Post by Jimmie Martin »

i got a fabulous deal from bobbe on a sd-10 red 3&5 magnum and its the best i've ever had. i may have to sell mine because of financial problems (the house building market has fell apart in central, ohio) but if i do i will get another one next year or so. when i can. best i ever tasted. did i say tasted. i like that bobbe 9 to 5. heh heh :lol: