Alabama Steel Guitar Association

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Tyler Hall

Post by Tyler Hall »

Man, I'm planning on going back out with these guy's. If I do I'll miss the show...
Dang this high price of fame!!! Image
----------------
D-10 Emmons LeGrande III, D-10 Fessenden, Nashville 112, 2 Session 500's
Tyler Hall

Post by Tyler Hall »

BTW, hello from Wisconsin...
----------------
D-10 Emmons LeGrande III, D-10 Fessenden, Nashville 112, 2 Session 500's
Clyde Bloodworth

Post by Clyde Bloodworth »

I will be there for this one and maybe play some.
Clyde
Bill Cook

Post by Bill Cook »

Mr. Clyde, You are on the Play List. The folks who have never heard you pick are in for a treat. You picking the C6th neck of that Black Emmons LLG III is a sight to behold. We will post more details later.
Jeremy Drawbaugh

Post by Jeremy Drawbaugh »

I WILL BE THERE I HAVE MARKED THE CALENDAR TOOK THAT FRIDAY OFF FROM WORK. WHAT A WAY TO START 2007!

------------------
jdawg
carter d-10
nashville 1000
Lana Rosselli

Post by Lana Rosselli »

Hey Bill - Looks like the Kid is liking that road gig...And I did talk with Terry about helpful tips for Tyler. He said he took care of it. Now I'm worried!

Birmingham in January??? Hmmmm...sounds good to me!

Miss Lana
Ricky Cottle

Post by Ricky Cottle »

I am inviting anyone that likes steel guitar to come to our show in January and bring a friend. You will be blessed by the music and fellowship of steel guitarists from Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee,Texas,Mississippi, Kentucky, and elsewhere.

V.P.-ASGA<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Ricky Cottle on 16 November 2006 at 09:02 PM.]</p></FONT>
Tyler Hall

Post by Tyler Hall »

Guys, this is going to be one of the best shows around. I urge anyone that can come to make the trip. It'll be worth it. Bill and the guys have really been working hard. I wish I could make it, but there's always next time...
------------
"The Kid"
D-10 Emmons LeGrande III, D-10 Fessenden, Nashville 112, Session 500's
Bill Cook

Post by Bill Cook »

We have 2 Hall of Famers committed to playing. We will be honoring 2 players to our Hall Of Fame, an Horizon award and Pioneer Award. Show is 19th and 20th of January, 2007 at the Sheraton Hotel Civic Center. The room rate is $115.00 and includes parking. Reserverations must be made by Jan 3, 2007. After cut-off date the room rate goes up considerable. Ask for Alabama Steel Guitar rate. Make your reservations befor Jan. 3rd. More details and player list to be added later.
Bill
Bill Cook

Post by Bill Cook »

We will have a few surprises up our sleeves at our Show Jan. 19th and 20th. We are real excited about our swap/buy/sell booth that will match up buyers and sellers for all type of steels and gear. Bobbe Seymour will be bring a truck load of merchandise from his Steel Guitar Nashville Store. If you need something specific, you may post it here. Somebody probably has what you need and are wanting to sell it. This will be a great opportunity for all of us to barter and make deals on steel guitars and equipment. We will have to limit Jack Goodson to only 8 Steel Guitars. He has to have room for Martha to ride in car. He may buy more than he sells. YA'LL COME.
Bill Cook

Post by Bill Cook »

Hotel Reservations for the Birningham Show Jan 19th and 20th. Use 205-324-5000. Ask for Alabama Steel Guitar rate. It should be $115.00 plus tax. Hotel is nice. There is no parking downtown. This rate includes parking in Hotel lot. See you all there.
Bill
Shorty Smith

Post by Shorty Smith »

Count me in Bill, I surely will join, good to see you in Hollenville, mayhbe I will be able to make the Feb. Jam, Shorty
Bill Cook

Post by Bill Cook »

Shorty, We may can work you in a playing slot. Do you want to play with us? Let me know and looking forward to seeing you again.Bill
Kirk Hamre

Post by Kirk Hamre »

I just received an email from The Pedal Steel Pickers Page, they will post our convention/show info on their website!!!
Bill Cook

Post by Bill Cook »

Show is shaping up!! This one is gonna be good!!! Make your plans for January 19th and 20th for Birmingham Show. Call 205-324-5000. Ask for Alabama Steel Guitar Rate.
Bill Cook

Post by Bill Cook »

The Show is picking up steam!!! Make your resevations for Mike Sweeney's Seminar and The Show. Hope to see you all there.!!
Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

Het Tim...Wow look at all the replies to this thread!.....im looking forward to seeing a lot of old friends, and making new ones too...Coming al the way from VEGAS BABY!
Tim Bridges

Post by Tim Bridges »

Mickey, it should be a real hoot! I'm looking forward to seeing the expressions on peoples faces when you play the guitar. Mickey's a litlle better than OK; good steel player as well.
Bill Cook

Alabama Steel Guitar Association

Post by Bill Cook »

The Alabama Gang is gearing up for our 2nd annual Show on January 19th and 20th in Birmingham, Alabama. Sh
eraton Hotel Civic Center. Make reservations, call 205-324-5000.
    Bill Cook

Post by Bill Cook »

I can't wait to hear the Man from Vegas play!! This show will have it all. Nashville Stars, Great, but unheard of Alabama Pickers, Seminar by Mike Sweeney, Two great MC's, Rob Parker and Miss Lana, and even a Classic Country Concert headlined by our own First Lady, Miss Laney Hicks with backups by Hubby Russ, Randy Beavers and more. Room Reservations- Birmingham Sheraton Civic Center. 2101 Richard Arrington Jr. BLVD North. 205-324-5000.Ask for Alabama Steel Guitar Rate. $115.00 with free parking.
    Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

Gettin' closer, ya'll. Looking forward to being there!

Mike
    Bill Cook

Post by Bill Cook »

JOE WRIGHT will be joining us in Birmingham on the 19th and 20th. For Hotel reservations call 205-324-5000. Sheraton BJCC Hotel, 2101 Richard Arrington Jr. Blvd. North, Birmingham, Ala.
    Make your plans to attend. Joe will join Russ and Laney Hicks, Herby Wallace, Don Helms, Buck Reid, Mike Sweeney, Randy Beavers, and Bobbe Seymour just to name a few.
    Bill Cook

Post by Bill Cook »

Jimmy Day will be inducted into the ASGA HALL OF FAME on Saturday January 20, 2007 at 4.00. All Jimmy's fans, this is an opportunity to honor him by your presence.Jimmy was born in Tuscaloosa, Alabama and we are proud to call him one of us and to make him a member of "THE ALABAMA GANG"