Sneaky gone?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

A. Roncetti

Post by A. Roncetti »

He's the reason I began playing pedal steel. He is one of a kind alright.
Richard Cooper

Post by Richard Cooper »

He was one of the main reasons I took up steel.
Robert Cook

Goodbye Sneaky

Post by Robert Cook »

There were no more than a handful of steel players in the LA area when I was growing up. At least that's what it seemed like. Seeing Sneaky Pete (who didn't love the name) sitting behind his Fender and playing those fills as Hillman and Parsons rattled off one country standard after another was a sight to behold.

Thanks Pete. The music was great and the inspiration to think I could do it too was more than worth the money I paid for your records. You will be missed, but never unappreciated.

Bob
Jody Carver

Post by Jody Carver »

Comments Irelevant to topic

edited for spelling.
Last edited by Jody Carver on 11 Jan 2007 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jody Carver

Post by Jody Carver »

I am aware that Pete had bought much of Fender's parts when CBS purchased Fender.

edited for spelling.[/quote] Other than that,I know little of his fabulous career.
tom anderson

Post by tom anderson »

I am very saddened that one of the great innovators of style on the steel & one of my favorite players has passed away. I listen to tracks by him almost every day. I started playing shortly after I saw him play with the FBB. I wish his family well.
Joe A. Camacho

Post by Joe A. Camacho »

Forgot that he played on Frank Zappa's Waka Jawaka, listened to it this morning, dig it.
Micky Byrne

Post by Micky Byrne »

Thank you Bobbe Seymour for passing the sad news of the loss of Pete Kleinow. So many of us were turned on to learning steel from listening to his superb playing on all those early albums we used to listen to. What Pete did on his 8 string Fender 400 was so remarkable, and a style only he had and was immediately identifiable as "Sneaky". Once again, thank you Bobbe for all your "Bobbe's tips" which keeps us informed.
Sneaky may you R.I.P.

Micky Byrne www.mickybyne.com