the last laquer Zum?

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jeff Agnew

Post by Jeff Agnew »

Jay,

I must have misunderstood -- thought Klusons were standard on the Hybrid. I played John Hughey's old black mica Hybrid (now owned by Mark Tulbert) a few weeks back and it had Klusons that worked very well. I've got another guitar on order but Bruce and I haven't worked out the details yet.

Gary Lee, I don't do that sparkly stuff. A fine Shiraz, on the other hand...

You guys are welcome to send any ban**s my way but I feel compelled to tell you that Texas state law requires them all to be equipped with:

(Off-topic) Tommy: Have never had the chance to tell you how much I enjoyed your playing on the Christine Mims CD. Impeccable taste, touch, and tone.
Paddy Long

Post by Paddy Long »

Jay that is a beaut Zum mate ...love the wood - very impressive, I can see a Hybrid very much becoming prominent in my "New Years" resolution list !
Al Marcus

Post by Al Marcus »

Jay-Beautiful guitar. Doug and I are on the same wavelength, likeing Blonde Birdseye Maple. My Sho-Bud Pro 1 is blonde Birdseye.

I am interested in your Hybrid changer can you tell us more about that or do you have close up pictures? thanks..al.:)
Michigan (MSGC)Christmas Dinner and Jam on my 80th Birthday.

My Email.. almarcus@cmedic.net
My Website..... www.cmedic.net/~almarcus
Al Marcus

Post by Al Marcus »

(Ididn't think the post took after quite awhile, so I finally hit submit again, and see it is a double post now, sorry about that)

Jay-Beautiful guitar. Doug and I are on the same wavelength, likeing Blonde Birdseye Maple. My Sho-Bud Pro 1 is blonde Birdseye.

I am interested in your Hybrid changer can you tell us more about that or do you have close up pictures? thanks..al.:)
Michigan (MSGC)Christmas Dinner and Jam on my 80th Birthday.

My Email.. almarcus@cmedic.net
My Website..... www.cmedic.net/~almarcus
Jay Jessup

Post by Jay Jessup »

Al,
If you click on the imagecave link in my initial post, one of those photos has a shot of the business end of the changer which is about all the physical difference that you can see while the guitar is static. I am sure a search will turn up some discussion on the Zum hybrid changer but the short story is that the dominant (ie longest) raises use the wood of the body as a stop theoretically transferring more of the string vibration directly to the guitar. I have yet to A/B it with my 95 mica Zum with similar pups to see how much difference there really is, having too much fun playing this one at the moment.--Jay
Buddy Griffin

Post by Buddy Griffin »

Ok,now you need to break it in at a jam. What do you say Paul V?
Jay Jessup

Post by Jay Jessup »

Buddy, Paul and Gary have both been after me to get up there, but I haven't really been playing steel at all recently so they have even threatened to come down here and drag me out of the funk. Hopefully this new guitar will ramp up the inspiration so far it's working pretty well for that!
Dave Diehl

Post by Dave Diehl »

Look close to mine.

CrowBear Schmitt

Post by CrowBear Schmitt »