Tommy Detamore records national release

Studio and home recording topics

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bill Terry

Tommy Detamore records national release

Post by Bill Terry »

My good friend and ever-patient Ensoniq Paris mentor Tommy Detamore recorded "Heartbreaker's Hall of Fame" for local Austin talent Sunny Sweeney a year or so ago, and it's been picked up for national release.

Sunny recently signed a deal with Big Machine Records of Nashville, responsible for charting 3 top 10 hits, including a #1, in the last year. The label apparently heard Tommy's great engineering, production, and musicianship skills, and said "What's to fix?" It goes to release in March untouched. Apparently the label also sent the mixes to a well respected Nashvile mastering house, and they responded with "Don't bother, I wouldn't change a thing...."

You guys know how the Gnashville record machine typically works, this is a pretty rare event. Way to go Tommy!!!

http://www.sunnysweeney.com <font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Bill Terry on 20 November 2006 at 11:48 AM.]</p></FONT>
Tore Blestrud

Post by Tore Blestrud »

Nice. I played with Sunny in Norway and two times in Austin, she's great. Tommys production and sound is very good, and my friend Lars Albright is picking tele on that record.
Bryan Daste

Post by Bryan Daste »

I heard a tune off that disc on the AmericanaOK podcast today (americanaok.com), and the production and steel playing is very very nice.