Recording with CD recorder?

Studio and home recording topics

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Terry Sneed

Recording with CD recorder?

Post by Terry Sneed »

Just curious about the sound quality of recording steel with tracks with a regular
CD recorder? I wish I was inteligent enough to record with my computer, but I ain't. Image

Terry
Andy Sandoval

Post by Andy Sandoval »

Terry, I used a little boom box one time to record my self playin dobro with some decent results. Experiment with it, you might be surprised.
Steve Stallings

Post by Steve Stallings »

Terry,
If I can learn to use a computer for recording, anyone can. Virtually all of the recording programs have step by step instructions. It's not hard once you understand some basics. I resisted DAW's for many years simply because I was intimidated by the technology. Once I finally got into it, it wasn't as hard as I thought.

------------------

Steve Stallings
The Songs

Ernest Cawby

Post by Ernest Cawby »

Get a Harman/ Kardon for about $250.00 lots of them on E-bay. They record analog ,and turn it into and record to CD on the fly. You need a mic and a tuner, u can use any voice, guitar or play a record, reel to reel,and it converts to
CD. It has 2 decks and rcords CD to Cd 1 on 1.

ernie<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Ernest Cawby on 25 September 2006 at 02:41 PM.]</p></FONT>
Terry Sneed

Post by Terry Sneed »

Thanks guys.

Terry