New Jackson Steel Guitar web page

Steel guitar web sites, videos and recordings on the Internet

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Gary Watkins

New Jackson Steel Guitar web page

Post by Gary Watkins »

Joey Ace

Post by Joey Ace »

They sure are pretty guitars, in the tradition of the classic 'Buds, but with modern innovations.

What really caught my eye was this:
<SMALL>"Jackson Steel Guitar’s Dual Pulling Head component pulls the strings from both ends of the instrument. The key head lowers the strings and the pick-up head raises them. </SMALL>
I can't wait to see this in action.
I wish them much success.
Bo Borland

Post by Bo Borland »

Now that looks like some interesting innovations.. I like the bar holder and maybe even the built in tuner. It might be just the way the pic is shown but the strings look like they are not spaced evenly..that would be very strange.The tuning key idea is way out there..it lowers from the keyhead, I wonder about the extreme angles from the nut to the tuner post. I can't wait to see one in action.
Steven Black

Post by Steven Black »

I am impressed with the Jackson guitar, I was wrong about the endplates in an earlier thread, I am going to checkout the formica guitars, I like the way he did the key head where no nut rollers are used because of the lowering system at the keyhead is applied, this will give excellent sound to this guitar.
Brian Henry

Post by Brian Henry »

I found this on the Jackson website:

"There are many different brands of steel guitars available today and in a blind test, using only the ears for guidance, I don't believe many professional musicians would be able to discern which is which by judging only the tonal qualities. But the newest generation of steel designed by David Jackson, who jointly helped me design the original LDG Sho-Bud, has transcended this arena. His new Jackson Steel has in my view the finest sound I have heard since the great era of Sho-Bud, circa 1967-1980.

Ultimately the tone a player hears in his mind represents the bottom line. Mechanical aspects can be corrected, changed or altered but ‘essential’ tone is basically what the steel sounds like when it is built, and no amount of modification can change that significantly. This steel guitar has that sweetness we all look for in an instrument."

Lloyd Green
Roger Kelly

Post by Roger Kelly »

Rabbit Easter sounds as good on the Jackson Steel as he does on his Emmons LeGrande III.
He plays the intro on both web sites......
Rich Jackson

Post by Rich Jackson »

Hey, I was wondering... Do you suppose since I have the name JACKSON :O) that I might get a discount? Rich Guy