Bluegrass Band ?

Musicians wanted for bands or recording projects

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

James Quackenbush

Bluegrass Band ?

Post by James Quackenbush »

My buddy has a Chile Cookoff every year in September, and he asked me to look for a Bluegrass or Newgrass band to perform at the cookoff ...The cookoff location is approx 40 miles north of NYC
on the NJ side of the Hudson River ...If anybody knows of a band that can perform at a reasonable price, ($400 +or _ ) that likes a good time with some good people, and some GREAT food , please let me know .....Thanks for your time..Sincerely, Jim
Jon Light

Post by Jon Light »

Hey James--I sent you an email with a couple of real good bands/links. I forgot to mention in the email that the Dixie Beeliners have done affairs like the Brooklyn Brewery BBQ so I'd think that their thing would fit your affair well.
James Quackenbush

Post by James Quackenbush »

Jon,
Thanks for the info, and thanks for the email ...It's much appreciated....Sincerely, Jim
Lloyd Potter

Post by Lloyd Potter »

Hi James, The North East CMA has a super band called Sweet Cider. The have won many awards. They are out of Schenectady, NY. www.sweetcidermusic.net <font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Lloyd Potter on 22 April 2006 at 05:41 PM.]</p></FONT>
Bob Miano
Location: Bergenfield, N.J. (home of "some" country music) - deceased

Post by Bob Miano »

Hi James,
A friend of mine from New Jersey has a bluegrass band called dixie highway.
You can check em out at www.thedixiehighwayband.com.
If you call them, tell "Farmer" that
RJ SPUDS sent you.
Good luck,
Bob Miano
Derby/Zum D-10