Gibson Consolette wiring diagram needed

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Dave Kolars

Gibson Consolette wiring diagram needed

Post by Dave Kolars »

Have a Gibson Consolette double-8 that needs some help... when I got it, the upper neck was all bass, and the lower neck was mostly treble... Plus, the upper neck (only) had a low 60 cycle hum. I asked on here and several people had ideas, including replacing the pots... So, I got new pots, but before I installed them, I removed the capacitor between the vol. and tone pots. This improved the tone greatly, but did nothing for the hum.

I installed the new pots (250K) and wired them up like the old ones had been wired, and now I have a constant, LOUD 60 cycle hum, but the tone between the two necks is more balanced. But, also, the tone control doesn't seem to do anything. I added the capacitor and it made no difference.

So, I'm figuring that I need the wiring diagram to figure out how to get this thing running...

A word of caution... I know virtually nothing about these kinds of circuits, so any explanations should be kept simple for us "non-electric" types. I can re-wire a house, but can't figure out pickups! Wrong kind of electricity!

Thanks in advance! DK... www.slingerlandguitar.com
Andy Volk

Post by Andy Volk »

Not exactly what you want but maybe these wi get you in the ballpark?

http://www.hawaiiansteel.com/instruments/diagrams.html
Dave Kolars

Post by Dave Kolars »

Thanks, Andy, but those don't really help much... The schematics don't show which terminals to connect wires to (at least not that I can see), and I think that's part of the problem... something is on the wrong connector on a pot... The 3-way switch works fine, so I'm not going to mess with that!!

------------------