great job buddy

CDs, LPs, tapes, videos, tab, instruction, software
Jimmie Martin

great job buddy

Post by Jimmie Martin »

i just want to throw my 2 cents worth in. i have several c-6th starter courses and i couldn't figure anyone of them out so i got a course from the forum by buddy emmons called basic c 6th. it is arranged well. buddy explains every detail and then plays it for you and has a rythm track so you can play along to. if you are starting out on the c-6th neck like me this course is a must have. you will throw the others away. i promise. plus i'm giving credit to the one that it is due. great job buddy
Tommy White

Post by Tommy White »

So, I'm guessing I should'nt do a C6th course then.
Herb Steiner

Post by Herb Steiner »

I agree Tommy. After reading Robert's post, I just threw a load of my inventory into the fireplace, sparing me from buying any firewood this winter. Image

------------------
Herb's Steel Guitar Pages
Texas Steel Guitar Association

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Herb Steiner on 06 January 2005 at 08:28 AM.]</p></FONT>
Mike Kowalik

Post by Mike Kowalik »

C'mon guys...put them out....I'll buy them.One thing about the steel guitar...theres always something to learn and everyone will have a different approach!
Howard Tate

Post by Howard Tate »

I guess different things work for different folks. Heck guys, I've got a truck and a tank of gas, I'd be happy to haul 'em off fer ya.

------------------
Howard, 'Les Paul Recording, Zum S12U, Vegas 400, Boss ME-5, Boss DM-3
http://www.Charmedmusic.com

Jimmie Martin

Post by Jimmie Martin »

don't take it personal guys. just giving credit where credit is do. buddys c-6th course is excellant.
Gene Jones

Post by Gene Jones »

I was also pondering doing a C6 thingy, but it's really discouraging to learn that it's already been done! Image

www.genejones.com
Jimmie Martin

Post by Jimmie Martin »

let me set the record straight i had 4 different c=6th for beginners. i got rid of 3 because they said they were for beginners but you couldn't make heads or tails of any of them. that doesn't mean that some of the other guys don't have good ones, but it just so happens the course i got of buddys is excellant and i think that he deserves credit and recommendation for his work. i like mel bays and winnie winstom courses to. i don't know about these guys that posted on this subject. if i hurt any feelings i apologize. being new i am willing to give newbies advice on which that i have found to be good.also it just so happens i need easy stuff to learn right now. what i really need is a course for dummies. any suggestions. by the way these other guys that have posted here i don't have a clue who they are. they may be the best. if i had the money i would try theirs to. if i learned a lot i would post it.
Charles Curtis

Post by Charles Curtis »

Tommy, if you do a C6 course; I'm interested. I think that the C6 stuff on the video is fantastic you did. It's been awhile since I watched it so I'm going to plug it in again; I would love to have that.
Tony Prior

Post by Tony Prior »

Hey Tommy and Herb..please don't throw them away..send them to me..I.. ahh..promise to throw them away for you( after I use them of course) Image

Robert, perhaps just stating that it works for you , recommend it and leave it at that..there is no doubt that Buddy's programs are of significant value, thats not the issue..I doubt there is a Steel player breathing that does not have total complete high regard for Buddy..it goes without saying..

remember the old saying.."One mans trash is another mans treasure"...

but...

If you are not sure who Tommy is, turn on your TV every Sat night and watch the GOP..

And Herb's not hard to find either..just drive into Texas and hollar for him, he'll hear you..

oh, and even I have a C6th Blues Primer project/course with tab/tracks designed for the novice beginner..(not that I am an expert mind you) and I have sold close to 100 copies with excellent responses from those that obtained it.( God Bless EBAY)

go figure..
www.bprior.com/tprior.htm

And I ain't throwing mine away either..
the more the merrier I say !

Good luck with your studies...
t<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Tony Prior on 07 January 2005 at 06:09 AM.]</p></FONT>
Steve Stallings

Post by Steve Stallings »

Darn... just when I was bringing my "C6 for the Musically Inept" to market Image

------------------
God Bless,
Steve Stallings

Jimmie Martin

Post by Jimmie Martin »

does inept mean stupid? i'll take one then
Jimmie Martin

Post by Jimmie Martin »

if you guys are any good and people know you all well enough this little post won't hurt you any.
Jennings Ward

Post by Jennings Ward »

I WANT SOME OF THEM THAR COARSES FOR THE COMPLETE IDIOT AND DUMMY THAT WANTS TO PLAY THE STEAL GITAR.. WHERE CAN I FIND THEM?? W.M. AND K.M. DONT SELL THEM....HELP.....JENNINGS........EMAIL ME IFFIN YOU KNEW WHAR THEY IS......THAMKS JENNINGS.....

------------------
EMMONS D10 10-10 profex 2 deltafex ne1000 pv1000, pv 31 bd eq, +
CrowBear Schmitt

Post by CrowBear Schmitt »

FARRIS THEY'RE RIGHT ABOVE YA' in THE TOP LEFT HAND CORNER OF THIS PAGE
SAYS : INSTRUCTION
Jennings Ward

Post by Jennings Ward »

NOW LISTEN HEAR CROWBEAR, I HOPE YOU DONT HAVE ME AND FERRIS CORNFUSSED,,,, FERRIS IS NOT AS DUMB A ME.. FERRIS IS AN EDUCATED MAN AND HE KNOWS HOW TO COOK..FERRIS HAS A DOCTORATE IN CUSISENE....ME I GOT A 6 TH GRAD GRADUATION PAPER FROM THE POSSUM EATING SKOOL AND BEAN BARN...I NOT TOO SMART IN BOOK LARNIN...TAKES TOO LONG TO READ, I'D RATHER FIGURE IT OUT M'SELF.. NO I AM NOT MAD AT YOU, JUST DONT WANT FERRIS'S FEELINGS TO BE HURT, AND DONT WANT YOU TO HAVE TO EAT CROW....I STILL WAND THEM LESSONS FOR DUMB AND COMPLETE IDIOT. DO YOU HAVE THEM? I AM STILL WORKING ON LUTHER PERKINS HOME STUDY GUITAR COARSE AND HAVE GOT UP TO PLUNK-PLUNK AND GOT STUCK.... CAN YOU HELP ME??I CANT READ FAST ENOUGH TO KEEP UP WITH MY LARNIN AND HEREIN....HOPE THIS SETS THE RECORD STREIGHT, AND I'S LOVE POSSUM.. .......JENNINGS

------------------
EMMONS D10 10-10 profex 2 deltafex ne1000 pv1000, pv 31 bd eq, +
CrowBear Schmitt

Post by CrowBear Schmitt »

Yep ! looks like i got Farris & you mixed up Jennings.
the similarity between the 2 is astonishing.
only diff: JENNINGS, YELLS A LOT !
you don't wanna eat Crow - some have & they never found it to be haute CUSISENE
Sick to Possum Pie & Buddy E's Courses
they get ya' groovin' right from the git'.
Perkins by Luther is a Diesel manual Jennings !
do you have recording facilities at your Bean Barn ?

b0b

Post by b0b »

Back in stock. Click here.
Jennings Ward

Post by Jennings Ward »

CROBEAR, TURN YOUR HEARING AID DOWN. SORRY I CANT SEE WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY, SO BEAR WITH ME IF I SHOUT TOO LOUD FOR YOU, I CANT TURN THE LIGHTS UP ANY HIGHER SO I CAN SEE BETTER.. MUST HAVE LOOKED AT THE HOT GIRLIES TOO LONG AND DAMAGED MY EYESIGHT...THE THONGS ON THE BEACH WILL DO THAT TO YOU , SO THEY SAY......JUST ADJUST YOUR HEARING AID . WHY DONT YOU TAB OUT THE SONG," MELODY OF LOVE FOR ME" ON THE C6 NECK AND E-MAIL IT TOO ME...LARGE LETTERS PLEASE.... THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR KINDNESS AND UNDERSTANDING.....JENNINGS....[I PLAY STEEL FOR THE BEAUTIFULL ANGELIC SOUND,,,, JENNINGS.......
Drew Howard

Post by Drew Howard »

<SMALL>So, I'm guessing I shouldn't do a C6th course then</SMALL>

No, no, don't listen to him.

------------------
Gazornktron T-16 w/ FranistatSUX2000 mod