Really Unusual Tone Bars- a Black Rajah!

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Keith Cordell

Really Unusual Tone Bars- a Black Rajah!

Post by Keith Cordell »

These were a part of my experiments with finding a bar that would work for me with my Carpal Tunnel... I ended up with one I like and these are now available for your perusal and purchase. The Black Rajah is nearly perfect, with no chips and extremely light surface scratching- nearly mint. The Elton Bar is so rare that noone I have shown it to has ever seen one! Should you decide to acquire one, be prepared to forfeit the sum of $50 for the Rajah and $60 for the Elton to have one shipped to you. Thank you for your support!<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Keith Cordell on 26 March 2006 at 08:21 AM.]</p></FONT><font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Keith Cordell on 26 March 2006 at 08:25 AM.]</p></FONT><font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Keith Cordell on 26 March 2006 at 02:48 PM.]</p></FONT>
Jim Sliff

Post by Jim Sliff »

here's mine - it's made by David Mason, who made it for two reasons - grip problems and speed. It's huge - 1 1/4" - but very light. It's incredibly fast compared to steel bars.

Now I know people will instantly say "but it has to sound like junk", "it has no sustain", "it can't work".

Wrong.

I thought the same things when I saw it....but it sustains just fine and sounds just slightly different than a steel bar. Not "bad" - just a tiny difference in tone. Personally, I like the sound better - it seems to be more "throaty" and have less treble "whine".

Also, I've been playing it for months and there's not a scratch or ding on it. That part REALLY surprised me. Anything you see in the picture that looks like a defect is just reflection - it's flawlessly smooth

It's the only one I use now. My Twister and other bars are sitting as spares.

Image <font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Jim Sliff on 26 March 2006 at 08:44 AM.]</p></FONT>
Keith Cordell

Post by Keith Cordell »

Yeah I wouldn't mind getting one myself, they don't come up too often. Had one at one point but couldn't get over the size; I think I could get used to it now as I have been spending more time with round bars.
Jim Ives

Post by Jim Ives »

Keith,
If you are selling the Black Rajah, what are it's dimensions? I am intyerested if the size is 1".
-Jim
Keith Cordell

Post by Keith Cordell »

No Black Rajah was ever made that large. They are tapered and 2 3/4" long, 5/8" at the tip and 3/4" at the butt end.
Loni Specter

Post by Loni Specter »

Hi Keith,
I have that same Elton bar and it's pictured in Andy Volk's book on lap steels.
Very rare indeed! You should keep it.
Keith Cordell

Post by Keith Cordell »

I'd love to keep it, but I am seriously in need of the cash right now, I am moving in 2 months and need to get the deposit for a house.
Richard Halverson

Post by Richard Halverson »

Hi Keith. You have mail!
Thanks Richard
Keith Cordell

Post by Keith Cordell »

The Rajah is on hold pending payment.
Keith Cordell

Post by Keith Cordell »

The Black Rajah has been sold.
Keith Cordell

Post by Keith Cordell »