New Server

Official announcements and other topics related to the internet radio station

Moderator: Michael Scott

Michael Scott

New Server

Post by Michael Scott »

Hello SteelRadio listeners...I wanted to let you all know that we have just moved our main streaming signal to our NEW server. We have been having problems with buffering and in general transmission with Gecko. We are now with "The Server Room Internet Audio Broadcasting" and it all looks great so far. Tim and I have not seen any reason for anyone to not be able to get in due to our server being filled. We have been concerned about our listeners being kicked off or denied getting in due to over population on the server.

Be sure to change your bookmarks to http://steelradio.serverroom.us:8300/ . Or just click the "On Air" icon on our web site for this new connection. We will run both servers until everyone has the chance to change their bookmarks. However, the Gecko server will be going down VERY soon. So tell everyone you know to make this change.

Do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or problems with our new server.

I want to thank everyone who has stayed with us during our transmission problems and growing pains. We hope this move will allow everyone who wants to listen to our broadcasts get in without hesitation.

Michael Scott
General Manager
SteelRadio.com
Tim Wallis

Post by Tim Wallis »

The new link to listen to Steel Radio is http://steelradio.serverroom.us:8300/listen.pls

Thanks!
Tim
Bobby Lee
Site Admin

Post by Bobby Lee »

Will you be directing your steelradio.com domain name to the new server?
mickd

Post by mickd »

I don't know whether this is a problem with my setup, but what keeps happening is I follow the link, it plays for a while then theres a break and it loops back to what I was hearing a few minutes ago. This happens over & over.
I am using Winamp to open the 'pls' file.
Les Anderson

Post by Les Anderson »

I must be doing something wrong here because I can no longer get Radio.com hook up.

Is it the server that is faulty or is it something in my connection?

------------------
(I am not right all of the time but I sure like to think I am!)

Pat Jenkins

Post by Pat Jenkins »

I am having the same problem as mickd, I keep getting the same song over and over. I miss listening.

Pat

Waltzing through A Rock And Roll Life!!
John Sluszny

Post by John Sluszny »

I'm getting the news from Ukraine in Russian (I guess) Image
<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by John Sluszny on 25 November 2004 at 09:23 AM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by John Sluszny on 25 November 2004 at 09:24 AM.]</p></FONT>
John Sluszny

Post by John Sluszny »

Have clicked on the "on air" icon.Heard the Jeff Newman Tribute Show.Fantastic,thank you.
Peter

Post by Peter »

Loud & Clear Here in South Africa.
Fantastic!
(ADSL)
------------------
<FONT face="arial" SIZE=3 COLOR="#003388">Peter den Hartogh</font>
<font face="arial" size=1><B><I>1978 Emmons S10 P/P; 1977 Sho-Bud D10 ProIII Custom;
1975 Fender Artist S10; Remington U12; 1947 Gibson BR4;</I></B></font>
<font face="arial" size=2>Internationally Accredited 3D Animation Academy</font>
<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Peter on 25 November 2004 at 11:02 AM.]</p></FONT>
Chas Friedman

Post by Chas Friedman »

The server at http://steelradio.serverroom.us:8300/index.html
seems to be down today...a bit inauspicious
(whatever that means.)
[And now, curiouser and curiouser...as of 8pm, SteelRadio seems to be back at the old Live365 address (it wasn't earlier today, though.)]
chas<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Chas Friedman on 02 December 2004 at 05:46 PM.]</p></FONT>
Glenn Womack

Post by Glenn Womack »

I can't get anything. All I get with either link is a black Shoutcast page. the the Winamp opens and says SteelRadio Unavailable. Poor challenged me.

Glenn
Glenn Womack

Post by Glenn Womack »

I'm without doubt the world's worst steel picker and apparently not much better on a computer. My eyes aren't the best, and I was trying to use "dot" for "colon" between "us" and "8300". Oh well, I'm listening now. Life is good. Noe I am hearing stuff that makes me think about burning my guitar.

Glenn
Chuck Miller

Post by Chuck Miller »

Still dropping out after anywhere from a few seconds to several minutes. It picks up again when I press play, but the same thing happens again, over and over. Like the server is dropping the stream.
Delvin Morgan

Post by Delvin Morgan »

Today,12-11-04, I lose connection after1:25 minuets, when I log back on the same tune is playing. For about 4 hours now.
Glenn Womack

Post by Glenn Womack »

What Delvin said. I'm tired of fooling with it. Think I'll go back to my CD player.
Frank McBride

Post by Frank McBride »

All I get is [timed out]
Frank McBride

Post by Frank McBride »

All I get is [timed out]
Red Kilby

Post by Red Kilby »

It says server is down!!!!!