ISGC Closeout

Official announcements and other topics related to the internet radio station

Moderator: Michael Scott

Joe Law

ISGC Closeout

Post by Joe Law »

This is the pits. I've sit here all Sunday afternoon to get Jeff Newmans Set and what do I get but This guy interviewing any and everybody that will talk to him ABOUT CIGARETTES while Jeff is CLOSING OUT THE SHOW with some of the prettiest music..
Bob Snelgrove

Post by Bob Snelgrove »

That sucked, for sure Image

What do we want for free?, I guess Image

bob
Lawrence Thomas

Post by Lawrence Thomas »

Yes i agree with Joe.Even though it was free I still had to listen to all sorts of ads and interviews and the least they could do is show these artists some respect not to mention me the listener.
Bob Anderson

Post by Bob Anderson »

Can Somebody who heard the back to back performances of Jim Cohen & Smiley Roberts, please tell me how it went at the ISGC. I really wanted to hear them. God must know my mind wasnt on Church this morning Image
Joe Law

Post by Joe Law »

Bob,
I was taping most of it ( the parts that weren't walked on by interviews), but I too did not get back from church in time to get them.

If the interviews had some substance it would have been one thing but all that I heard was just blah,blah.
Al Marcus

Post by Al Marcus »

My sentiments too. I know the show was for people who were actually there, but if they want to get and build up a radio audience, they better wise up. This guy goes on and on and saying nothing.

I think they showed a lot of disrespect doing the interviews while the guys were playing. They could have done it during the changes in setups, etc, there was lots of time inbetween he could have done it.

This kind of behavior does no good for Steel Radio.com .....al Image
Jim Smith

Post by Jim Smith »

Jim Cohen and Smiley Roberts knocked 'em out! I think Jim Cohen had the best tone of anyone at the convention Image and Smiley set was the most enjoyable of any. He played some very hot C6 licks on E9, played Green Onions with an organ effect from his ProFex II, and played "I'm Just A Guitar, Every Body Picks On Me" as a tribute to Pete Drake with a talk box. Image

Jeff Newman's final set was a disgrace as far as I'm concerned. He blew the beginnings of two of his songs and tried to blame the band. If I had been on stage backing him up, I would have walked and left him to fend for himself. Image