Pedal steel players..which group are you in?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ben Jones

Post by Ben Jones »

#4 looking to move up to #3.
Gotta find the right band tho, I aint hauling around this jalopy if I aint into the music.
Terry Sneed

Post by Terry Sneed »

Same as Ben, I'm a cat 4 (but I do play in church) but I'm lookin to start a good Gospel band. Playin tomorrow night for the first time, with a super good group.

Terry

------------------
Mullen RP D10 /8x5 / MSA Classic 8x4 Nashville 112 x 2 / American Tele and Fender
Hotrod Deville 2x12's
Thank God for music.

Roger Trahan

Post by Roger Trahan »

Guess I'm # 3, got a full time job and play anywhere from 2 to 5 times on a weekend. Presently playing in two bands one I've been with for 17 years that only plays 8 to 10 times a year and the other plays whenever and wherever were asked. Do I get tired of it, well sometimes but the patrons always make if worthwhile. God Bless
Robert Dominick

Post by Robert Dominick »

Was category # 2 (pedal steel and guitar) for 22 years. Now a #4 working on moving into category #3.

------------------
Carter S-10 3x5, Fender Steel king, Boss DD-3, Boss ME-50

Shorty Smith

Post by Shorty Smith »

Retired but still play 2 night a week on a regular gig
Emmons p/p, Peavy 1000 and 112, dobro model dobro, 1970 Telecaster
Alvin Blaine

Post by Alvin Blaine »

#2 for 30 years
Joe McHam

Post by Joe McHam »

You forgot #7.. Worlds Worst.. Old & Ugly.. but we still have fun trying to pick.. after umpteen years.. and Gene, I agree with Al you are not too old to hack it.. Wish we lived closer so we could jam some.. <font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Joe McHam on 20 November 2006 at 11:25 AM.]</p></FONT>
David Biggers

Post by David Biggers »

#3 mostly or sometimes or every now and then
Chris LeDrew

Post by Chris LeDrew »

I am #1 and #2, a regular poster and a full-time musician. However, I'm a bit of #3 as well because I only gig 2 or 3 nights a week. I promote my CD projects during the week - distributing my recordings, doing mailouts, and networking. Luckily I have songwriting royalties that subsidize my income a bit as well. On top of this, I am attending university, finishing off an English degree so I can pursue work in music journalism to go along with my playing and other music-related work. In other words, I'm in and out of all your categories, but overall just happy to be here! Image
Paddy Long

Post by Paddy Long »

Well Billy, I'm not sure -- currently I am playing in 2 different bands each week, probably do a couple of sessions a week as well most weeks -- and hold down a cruisy day job just in case the music is a bit quiet.

I did play fulltime for about 15 years though -- which included touring and TV work, but the TV works has dried up mostly for just about everyone out this way (all genres)! I might have a crack at NZ Idol ha !!!
Willis Vanderberg

Post by Willis Vanderberg »

I don't think there is a bracket for me. I don't play out much and there are too many steels in my music room to let me play in there. I am trying to save enough money to cure my GAS problem. Bob Bartoli has offerd to help by taking my 68 Emmons off my hands.He is such a nice guy...ha