How many of you have played"Always Patsy Cline"?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

Jessica is indeed a great girl and a fine singer - it's been too long since I worked with her.

RR
Larry Lorows

Post by Larry Lorows »

I never played "Always Patsy Cline", but I did play "Honky Tonk Angels", two years in a row. It was a lot of fun, and a lot of work also. The music is really hard to read, for me at least. ha ha You have to do it for the fun of playing, because it sure didn't pay very well. Larry

------------------
U12 Williams keyless 400
Evans SE 150, Nashville 112, Line 6 pod xt

Todd Kapeghian

Post by Todd Kapeghian »

Wow, had no idea so many of you have done this show! It great to hear from Walter Haynes on this. 2006 and were all still listening & learning from you Walter,GREAT stuff! I've gotten a few different tapes of the show and it's interesting how much it can differ depending on how the musicial director and/or "Patsy" wants to perform these songs. It's fun to hear how different steel players appoach it. Some try to stick with the orginal and others play more modern. Anyway you play them...you can't go wrong with melodies like these! Like they say "They don't make'em like this anymore".Only gotten in a few rehersals so far and the show start's next week but, I'm already havin fun!
John Macy

Post by John Macy »

Jessica was an understudy part of our run--what a delightful person and fine singer. She and my daughter, who was around 8 at the time, hit it off bigtime and she spent a lot of time with her. I often wonder what she is up to...
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

Hi, John

I nearly got to work with Jessica again last Christmas on a production of 'The Spifire Grill' in Key West, but I had to 'sub' it in favour (??) of a long run of 'Cats' (on electric).

This thread will encourage me to get in touch with her again, and I'll mention all you guys when I do reach her.

RR
Chris Spencer

Post by Chris Spencer »

Well, I did 9 dates as the guitar player last August at the Cannon County Arts Center in Beautiful Woodbury Tenneessee. We had Alan Harrison on Steel and Bruce Nemerov on upright bass. It was a blast.
Ron Randall

Post by Ron Randall »

I saw the show in Dallas with Bill Simmons on steel.
I would love to give it try.

Ron