Darcy Harding?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

David Mason

Darcy Harding?

Post by David Mason »

Does anybody know of this fellow, who he played with etc. I just found out he lives close by, and I am wondering if somebody knows him.
Larry Sewell

Post by Larry Sewell »

David.
Darcy lives to the west of Cambridge, near Horn Point.He's a top notch player, a real perfectionist, has to have every thing perfect. I don't think he plays out anymore. I think his band was called Cherokee, also had a recording studio by the same name.I understand he disassembled the studio. Darcy played at one of the early Steelin'
for Hearts steel jams at the Lanham Moose.
When I took a couple of lessons from him, he was playing a red D-10 Emmons. He has a great ear; can listen to a song one time and
almost play it note for note.
Hope this helps.
Al Miller

Post by Al Miller »

Wow I Havent Heard that name in Yrs... When I was About 10 or 11 yrs old my dad would take me to a place called fishermans inn on kent Island to hear darcy play and iwould get up to sit in... that guy was one of my heros
i think his # is in the book but like larry stated i think he quit playing out yrs ago..if anyone sees him tell him i said hey for sure..
Boo Miller
Clyde Mattocks

Post by Clyde Mattocks »

Great player ! Steeler Tom Kaufman sent me
a tape of Darcy playing his own tune
"Midnight Waltz", which would drop perfectly
into the era of Emmons/Charleton tunes we all
love so well. As soon as I heard it, I had
to play it. I called Darcy and got his
permission to record it on my "Over My
Shoulder" CD. Had a couple of nice conversations with him and found him to be a #1 guy.