Stockholm Music Scene

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Roland van Beveren

Stockholm Music Scene

Post by Roland van Beveren »

Question for Swedish steel players: I'll be in Stockholm next week. Can you tell me what are the best places to see some good live music, please?

Thanks, best to you from Amsterdam.

Roland

Roland van Beveren

Guys, I know it's not Nashville, Austin or NYC. But there MUST be some good live music SOMEWHERE?

Roland
Per Berner

Post by Per Berner »

I'm too far away from the capital city to know what's going on up there, but if anyone knows, I bet it's our legendary session player Janne Lindgren, who lives in Stockholm and knows EVERYONE. He's a member on the forum, do a search and you should find his e-mail address.

------------------
´75 Emmons p/p D10 8+4, ca '72 AWH Custom D10 8+3, Hybrid Zum coming soon, Peavey Nashville 1000

Roland van Beveren

Thank you Per,
I'll try to find Janne.

Best to you,
Roland
Jan Jonsson

Post by Jan Jonsson »

Hej Roland,

You should definitely visit Akkurat Restarant & Bar. If not for the music, you should at least check out their quaint atmosphere, their great food and, if applicable, their extensive selection of beer and whiskey. Unfortunately, you will be too late to see Albert Lee & Hogans Heroes and too early to see Redd Volkaert play at Akkurat, but I suspect that the bands playing there next week are also good. Here's their web side:

http://www.akkurat.se/

And if you're into jazz and other non-country genres, Jazzclub Fashing is the place to be:

http://www.fasching.se/

I don't live in Stockholm, but I always enjoy visiting that beautiful town and its nice selection of vintage guitar shops.

-- Jan

------------------
<font size="1">Janjo's home page
Gear: Fulawka D-10 8+8, Fender Deluxe 8, Alkire E-Harp, Marrs/Fluger Cat-Can, Fender CS Nocaster</font>
<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Jan Jonsson on 04 October 2006 at 07:55 AM.]</p></FONT>
CrowBear Schmitt

Post by CrowBear Schmitt »

Image<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by CrowBear Schmitt on 04 October 2006 at 08:51 AM.]</p></FONT>
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

I don't know what he may be up to these days, but Billy Bremner is in Stockholm. Billy's a GREAT guitar-player and singer - if anyone finds him please say 'Hi' from me and get me an e-mail address if possible.

He's well worth a listen!

RR
Roland van Beveren

Thanks guys!
Jan, where are those vintage guitar shops?

Jan Jonsson

Post by Jan Jonsson »

Hi Roland,

The vintage shops that I like to visit are all located in the southern island of central Stockholm (called 'Södermalm'). Look here for an overview map.

Halkan's Rockhouse on Noe Arksgränden 2

Twang on Skånegatan 80

Hellstone Music on Götgatan 24 (mainly a drum shop, but sometimes has a nice selection of vintage guitars and amps)

Have fun!!!

-- Jan

------------------
<font size="1">Janjo's home page
Gear: Fulawka D-10 8+8, Fender Deluxe 8, Alkire E-Harp, Marrs/Fluger Cat-Can, Fender CS Nocaster</font>
<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Jan Jonsson on 06 October 2006 at 02:28 AM.]</p></FONT>