About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Randy Weideman

Post by Randy Weideman »

I have been viewing the Steel Guitar Forum for some time now and I have enjoyed all the info. This is a great site. I made it to the Ozark convention and St Louis Convention this year, I had a great time and fully enjoyed all the steel players, staff and non staff players. To show how great the players and people were, I lost my $700.00 digital camera, I was so into all the steel playing I set it down and four hours later I remembered I layed it down and walked off. I went to lost and found and someone had turned it in. So whoever turned it in I want to thank you.
I started playing pedal steel in 1972 in Nebrasks, and in 78 moved to OKC and played full time till 87. I at that time started a hy tech electronis repair facility and just sole it two years. Now I have time to play steel again so in the last 6 months I have started to play again. Looking forward to more playing, and steel shows.
I have posted some photos and video clips on my web site for all to enjoy. You can view these Photos and Clips at www.speedsecrets.info/steel_players1.htm
I will post some video clips from the Ozark Convention asap.
Thank you again
Randy L Weideman
Mike Shefrin

Post by Mike Shefrin »

Thankyou Randy for posting this link.
I really enjoyed the photos and video clips.
Mike Shefrin

Post by Mike Shefrin »

whoops ...and welcome to the forum! Image
Pat Carlson

Post by Pat Carlson »

Welcome to the forum Randy! What part of Husker land are you from? Could not get your link to work.
Tell us what kind of guitar you have!

------------------
The Lone Prairie Steeler Pat

Mike Shefrin

Post by Mike Shefrin »

The link worked for me at first but now it doesnt. Dang, just when I was gettin into it.
Jim Sentlinger

Post by Jim Sentlinger »

I am also a new member and everyone makes you feel right at home. should have joined long time ago. I hope you feel as welcome as myself. welcome aboard
Travis Kline

Post by Travis Kline »

I'm a new member as well, and there are some great people on here. welcome!
Pete Young

Post by Pete Young »

Welcome to the forum Randy. Thanks for the pictures and the vid. As one who could not make it there you have brought some of it to us. Thanks again
Randy Weideman

Post by Randy Weideman »

The link was down last night due to bad weather, the host server had issues. It is now working again. If anyone still has problems let me know.
I live in Deshler, and play a 1980 Sho-Bud super pro, with 8 and 10 knees.
Thanks for the warm welcome.
Randy
Ken Levesque

Post by Ken Levesque »

Randy,
Welcome to heaven.

Thankyou so much...it was Sensational....thankyou for sharing a truly Golden evening.

Ken
Pat Carlson

Post by Pat Carlson »

Randy, wow Deshler you, are just a few miles away GREAT. ImageWe are right in the process of building a new home here in Sutton.Lots of details to work out!We will look you up this fall after things settle Down a bit!

------------------
The Lone Prairie Steeler Pat