Who played in Hico at the Steak Cookoff?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Mark Williamson

Who played in Hico at the Steak Cookoff?

Post by Mark Williamson »

Jerry Webb, the singing architect assembled a band and played at the 3rd annual steak cookoff and beef symposium in Hico Texas yesterday. It was a great show with plenty of plain ole Texas dance hall music. He had a steel player with him that blew my socks off and made it worth sitting in 100 degree plus heat. Would any of you forumites care to admit you played with Webb yesterday? Whoever you are, it was excellent! Thanks for a great show.
Ronnie McIntosh

Post by Ronnie McIntosh »

you are right he did a great job all day long.his first name was Ron. they said David Ball was doing the vocals for him saturday nite somewhere in the metroplex he sang some song there at the steak cook off i don't think he need DAvid Ball at all unless to care his gear for him.just my .02
Wade Branch

Post by Wade Branch »

I bet it was Ron Stafford.Great Player and cool old Sho Bud.
My good buddy Chuck Cuisamano also played the "steak and tater" gig.I wasn't able to make it ,but I bet it was good and I bet it was country,these boys do not mess around when it comes to real country.<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Wade Branch on 31 July 2006 at 01:57 PM.]</p></FONT>
Dick Wood

Post by Dick Wood »

It was Ron Stafford who is not only a very tasteful steel guitarist but a great six stringer as well.

------------------
Cops aren't paid much so I steel at night.
Buddie Hrabal

Post by Buddie Hrabal »

The players were great and they were: Ron Stafford-Steel Guitar and Gut String, Jerry Webb-Bass, Danny Adams-Drums, J.D. Smith-Fiddle, Chuck Cusimano-Guitar. They were joined by Kristi Kalyn for some nice vocals.
Bill Terry

Post by Bill Terry »

Does anybody know if Ron Stafford is on email or some way to contact him? I knew him back in the 80's, but lost touch. Great player IMO.
Mark Williamson

Post by Mark Williamson »

Thanks for the info. Webb told me that Ron Stafford was indeed playing for David Ball on Sat night. I've just about recovered from my heat stroke now. Ya'll come next year.