Manhattan: Any gigs tonight, Thurs, 7/27?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jim Cohen

Manhattan: Any gigs tonight, Thurs, 7/27?

Post by Jim Cohen »

Am in NYC for one night, tonight, Thursday, July 27. Any steelers giggin' in town?

Jimbeaux
Bob Hoffnar

Post by Bob Hoffnar »

I'm playing my stringmaster at 8:00 at
Tonic.

Smokey Hormel's Western Band
$8
After his recent work in LA, playing guitar on The Dixie Chicks: Taking The Long Way and Johnny Cash: American 5, Smokey Hormel returns to Tonic with a Western Swing Band. He will be playing songs from the repertoire of Bob Wills, Milton Brown, Spade Cooley and of course, Mr. Cash. With Bob Hoffnar (electric steel guitar), George Rush (upright bass), Andrew Borger (drums) & Doug Wieselman (clarinet).
Directions

------------------
Bob
upcoming gigs
My Website

<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Bob Hoffnar on 27 July 2006 at 07:37 AM.]</p></FONT><font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Bob Hoffnar on 27 July 2006 at 07:38 AM.]</p></FONT>
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

That sounds perfect, Bob. I'll see you there!
Jim
Shane Reilly

Post by Shane Reilly »

Darn,all the cool gigs happen when I'm busy.....and on the other side of the Planet!Looks like a great venue,real eclectic.I notice Mark Ribot is playing there quite a bit.Totally unique musician! I'll go there for sure when I get to N.Y.
Greg McMullen

Post by Greg McMullen »

if you still need a fix after bob's gig, i'll be playing my Mullen with Andy Friedman & the Other Failures @ the Bowery Poetry Club. 10pm 308 Bowery (just below Bleeker St. & across from cbgb's)
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Great, I'll try to make it over there too, to hear you and your McMullen. Image

From the Tonic website, it looks like Bob's gig may be over by 10pm, which is cutting it a little close for me, since I won't be free until about 9pm and am up at 38th & Madison. Not sure i can get there by 10pm...<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Jim Cohen on 27 July 2006 at 11:16 AM.]</p></FONT>
Greg McMullen

Post by Greg McMullen »

jim,
we usually hit 'round 10:30.
-greg