Thanks, Bruce Bouton!!

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Marcos Rivas

Thanks, Bruce Bouton!!

Post by Marcos Rivas »

Hi! My name is Marcos. I just wanted to thanks Bruce Bouton for his great video. Everytime I see it I learn more and more.
And I strongly believe that I´m not the only one that have learned so much thanks to him.
I wish Homespun offered him another video.

Thanks Bruce and please excuse my English.
Best wishes,
Marcos

------------------

1989 Zumsteel D-10 8x5

Alan Rudd

Post by Alan Rudd »

Alright, Bruce! And how about another video?
John Sluszny

Post by John Sluszny »

Yes,right,a #2 would be great!
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Yes, a #2 would be great, AND a C6th! Image
Alex Piazza

Post by Alex Piazza »

couldnt agree more!!
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

The thing about Bruce is he seems to really break the learning process down to very clear and understandable, and he can really get us newbies feeling like we are making good progress. Bruce has a way to give the right encouragement and a friendly slap on the back, and hang in there, you can do it! I personally want to thank Bruce for his instruction! Thanx Bruce!
Ben Jones

Post by Ben Jones »

excellent video for sure and I would love to see volume two as well even tho I am nowhere thru learning from the first one. Bruce has said here on the forum he doesnt think there will be a volume two, he then recommended JayDee Maness's and Lloyd Green's instructional dvds. I bought JayDee's first dvd. Its great, but I'd say its more intermediate level than beginner level instruction as he goes thru a whole bunch of (great)licks and solos and does so very quickly (luckily he provided tablature). I recommend it but be prepared to put in some work with it, lots of rewind and pause on those remote controls and rubbernecking to the tablature if ya know what i mean. Havent tried Lloyds stuff yet.

I agree with you guys Mr Bouton has a nack for teaching. he explains everything fairly well and nice and slowly and clearly. I imagine he's a bit busy playing on all those records these days..hehe. Good for him and thanks to him for the great instructional video so many of us have learned so much from.
Sidney Ralph Penton

Post by Sidney Ralph Penton »

i have bruce's video and it is awsome, the best video i have ever seen by far. i have been after bruce for 2 years now asking him to make another and havn't gotten anywhere with it yet. he does stay very busy and maybe he don't have the time but it sure would be nice if he would try to work it in. the thing i like about his instruction over others is he goes over things slowly and explains things to you. i know he reads these post because i have seen his comments on here from time to time. so come on bruce step up and tell us when are you going to make a second video. bruce is a good player and a excellent teacher! just my oppinion and i think its some others oppinion too. doc

------------------
zum SD10 peavy session 400 peavy XR600G
if its not a zum steel it isn't real
just trying to steel for the Lord>