For Tim Sergent

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Brett Day

For Tim Sergent

Post by Brett Day »

Hello Tim, I saw you on the ACM Awards with Dierks and I loved the steel on "Settle For A Slowdown". What is your favorite song to play on steel live with Dierks? I love the Emmons you played on the ACM Awards. Brett, Emmons S-10, Morrell lapsteel, GFI Ultra D-10
Bill Sampler

Post by Bill Sampler »

I'll second Brett's comment. I don't listen to a lot of commercial radio country, but I watched the ACM show last night and heard Dierk's "Settle For A Slowdown" for the first time. That is a great song. Your steel work on that was fabulous.
Tim Sergent

Post by Tim Sergent »

Hey, Brett,
How are ya? I'm in Oakland, CA right now doing shows with Kenny Chesney. Carrie Underwood is out here with us too. Thanks for the kind words about the ACM Show. I love to play shuffles...so I guess my favorite song to play is "Domestic, Light, and Cold". Lots of good steel work on that one. Hope to see you over in your neck of the woods sometime.

Take care,

Tim

Bill,
Thanks to you for the kind words also. There's a lot of good country music (and some not so good) out there nowadays. Thanks for tuning in for our portion of the show.

My best,

Tim
Ben Slaughter

Post by Ben Slaughter »

Domestic, Light, and Cold? Daddy likey. Image
telecat

Post by telecat »

Tim, I didnt know you were with Dierks until the awards show, I totally missed the performance, but over all the noise in the bar that night I did hear Dierks mention your name with the band, seems like Im always the last to know who you are with, you never call, never write and never come home.......lol, take care brother and tell melissa Jane and I said hey.
BB
Tim Sergent

Post by Tim Sergent »

Ben, Dude we can't say Daddy likey on the Forum can we? Image

Billy, my brother,
How have you been? You're right...I never get to my KY home anymore...heck I don't get to my home in Nashville much either! Hope everything is well with you and Jane. Maybe we'll cross paths again somewhere down the road. I think about "Dad" nearly every time I belly up to a steel guitar. I miss him a lot.

Take care,

Tim