Steinar's CD is close....

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Terry VunCannon

Steinar's CD is close....

Post by Terry VunCannon »

Hey everyone...I was getting ready to sign off & go to band practice & thought I would take a moment to check out Steinar's website. He says that recording for his CD is finished & the next step, the mix down will start soon. This is big news....way to go Steinar. I want to place my order NOW!!!
If you have not checked out his audio clips on his website, do it soon.
Great stuff...I think!!! Next...
FNWT....(Friggin' Norski Would Tour)

------------------
'49 & '51 National Dynamics, Harmos Model One, Lazy River Weissenborn, Mesa Boogie DC-3, SRV Strat.
http://community.webshots.com/user/keefriff

Steinar Gregertsen

Post by Steinar Gregertsen »

Oh my oh my, now the secret is out.... Image

Anyway, for those interested, I'll spend the holiday season finalizing the master, forumite Ron Bednar is currently busy doing the front cover artwork, and my plan is to ship the whole thing off to a CD plant asap in January, so hopefully it'll be available by the end of that month.

Steinar

------------------
www.gregertsen.com

Loni Specter

Post by Loni Specter »

Steinar,
I hope by Finalizing, you don't mean using one of those rack mount "Finalizer" units.
I had the misfortune of having a song put through that processor and it ruined the dynamics of the recording by over compressing and exciting it.. Just do your best mix, then take it to a mastering house. It's worth it, believe me.
Put me on the list for a CD as well.
Season's Greetings,
Loni
Gary Boyett

Post by Gary Boyett »

Let me know as soon as it's done.
Who will have it in the US?
I can't wait to hear it.

------------------
JCFSGC,RMSGC,HSGA member
Do it with "Glass"
Boyett's Glass Bars

Steinar Gregertsen

<SMALL>I hope by Finalizing, you don't mean using one of those rack mount "Finalizer" units.</SMALL>
Oh my God, no no no no!!!! I hate those things, and I always take great care to keep the dynamics when I master. The "loudness race" is the worst thing that's happened to music since John Lennon was shot exactly 25 years ago today.........
I've also had bad experiences with some so-called "pro" mastering houses, they've seemed to assume that everybody wants their CD brickwalled by default, so I have a hard time trusting anybody with my work. I'll do it myself with a little help from some carefully selected 'outside ears' that I trust.
A friend of mine - a studio professional with over 30 years of experience and one of my 'trusted allies' - always refer to the Finalizer as the "Terrorizer"....... Image
<SMALL>Who will have it in the US?</SMALL>
I don't have a deal with a label - I've had some interest from a Norwegian and one German label, but frankly I don't see the point in giving away 80-85% of the profit in this Internet age - so I'll do it myself, while holding the door open for licensing deals.

So that means CD Baby and hopefully Bobby will offer it through this site, I'll also sell direct, using PayPal for money transfer, plus look into other options.

Steinar

------------------
www.gregertsen.com

<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Steinar Gregertsen on 07 December 2005 at 06:04 PM.]</p></FONT>
Brad Hollon

Post by Brad Hollon »

Can't wait, Steinar! Been a sound byte groupie for quite some time now! It will be very cool to hear the completed project in it's entirity!
Best of luck,
Brad
Jan Jonsson

Post by Jan Jonsson »

You know I want your CD, Steinar. Just let me know when and where to send the money ...

-- Jan

------------------
Sho-Bud Pro II Custom 8+6, Fulawka D-10 8+8, Fender Deluxe 8, Marrs/Fluger Cat-Can, Fender CS Nocaster
Randy Reeves

Post by Randy Reeves »

Steinar. I look forward to sending you $$$ for your CD.
best of luck during the finalizing.
Niclas Nilsson

Post by Niclas Nilsson »

Hej Steinar,
from a fellow Scandinavian. I enjoyed the sound clips on your website sooo much, and really want to buy a copy of your cd when it's done. In fact, hearing you play made me so excited I just had to follow in your footsteps, and I ordered a brand new GeorgeBoard from Mr George Piburn. Image Impatiently awaiting it's arrival...
Best,
Niclas
Steinar Gregertsen

<SMALL>I just had to follow in your footsteps</SMALL>
Uh oh........
<SMALL>and I ordered a brand new GeorgeBoard from Mr George Piburn.</SMALL>
.... oh, those footsteps. A very good choice Niclas, I'm sure you won't be dissapointed! Image

Steinar

------------------
www.gregertsen.com