Hendersonville Steelers OK????

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

John Macy

Hendersonville Steelers OK????

Post by John Macy »

I have a lot of friends there and just heard about the tornados. How about a head count for who's OK???

I talked to Theresa and the extended Franklin family is OK, but wondering about all the many, many players who live up there.

We're praying for you here....<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by John Macy on 07 April 2006 at 06:16 PM.]</p></FONT>
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

We all still have our heads down, my computer is knocked out at home, I'm at the store, power is out everywhere here now.
Many steel players in this town, many musicians, stars, producers and studios in Hendersonville.Lets see wat tomorrow brings, the death count is still going up,, more storms on the way.<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by BobbeSeymour on 07 April 2006 at 07:41 PM.]</p></FONT>
Lana Rosselli

Post by Lana Rosselli »

Has anyone checked in with Don and Hazel Helms? I'm sure most means of communication will be down but as soon as somebody hears - please let us all know that everyone is okay.

Miss Lana
Buck Grantham

Post by Buck Grantham »

Sure are praying that all of you are ok up there. Love ,, Buck & Mitzi
Smiley Roberts

Post by Smiley Roberts »

Don & Hazel are fine. They just got back from No. Carolina. Don would've been back sooner but he had car problems,which cost him a "bundle"! I'm fine.(except,maybe,for my "mental stability" which has been questionable for several years now. Image )

However,11 miles down the road,toward Gallatin,<u>TOTAL DISASTER!!</u> Two auto dealerships,TOTALLY destroyed,Volunteer State Community College,ripped up extensively,student's & faculty member's autos destroyed. Not a pretty picture.

For the full story,click here: http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage
(note:this page will not be the same after Sat.4/8.)

------------------
<font face="monospace" size="3"><pre> ~ ~
©¿© It don't mean a thang,
mm if it ain't got that twang.
www.ntsga.com</pre></font>

<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Smiley Roberts on 08 April 2006 at 12:48 AM.]</p></FONT>
Steve Hinson

Post by Steve Hinson »

I'm out West...but Coley's school(Hendersonville High) was in"lockdown"yesterday and they wouldn't let the busses leave at 3:00...Becky was able to go there(2 miles)and pick him up when they were released...I talked to them on the phone a half-dozen times yesterday evening and they were fine...anybody talked to Tommy White or John Hughey?Sonny Garrish?Rex Wiseman?Lynn Owsley or Mike Doucette?CJ Udeen?Scott Sanders?I probably left somebody out...there are a LOT of steel players in H'ville...hope they are all OK...thanks for your concern,John...

------------------
http://home.comcast.net/~steves_garage

<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Steve Hinson on 08 April 2006 at 07:20 AM.]</p></FONT><font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Steve Hinson on 08 April 2006 at 07:22 AM.]</p></FONT>
Lana Rosselli

Post by Lana Rosselli »

Smiley - Just tried calling you. Glad you're okay! I read thru the Tennessean and the photos... I've tried to get in touch with Billy Robinson, no answer. Tried the Hughey house and one number was not working and no answer on the other number. Ron & Leslie are okay - no damage. Tommy White made a post on another thread - I am assuming that means he is okay as well. Just an eye witness to two of the tornados that went thru. WOW!

Hope everyone else is okay.

Miss Lana<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Lana Rosselli on 08 April 2006 at 07:46 AM.]</p></FONT>
Arnie Craig
Restricted

Post by Arnie Craig »

Just Got Off The Phone With Tommy White And He Said They Came Out Ok, A Lot Of Distruction Around The Community,But They Were Fine.

------------------
Al Udeen

Post by Al Udeen »

Thank God my son Chad, had no damage to his house in Hendersonville, he was out of town when storm hit & returned this morning! God Bless all in that area! Al Udeen
Tommy White

Post by Tommy White »

Steve,
We are all fine. Check out the post in extended family for the rest of the story.
I have been in touch with Paul Franklin and he is fine as well as Brent Mason. As I said in another post, a day I will never forget.
Steve Hinson

Post by Steve Hinson »

Tommy,I'm glad you all are ok...I'll see you soon I hope.Take care-Steve

------------------
http://home.comcast.net/~steves_garage

Tommy White

Post by Tommy White »

Steve,
I'm glad you and all of our friends are ok so far too.
By the way, Mike Douchette was scheduled
to play the Opry last night and was not able to get out of Gallatin due to the cars and debris on the roads, but I understand he's ok.
Tony Prior

Post by Tony Prior »

Incredible horor seen on TV..
But I , make that we, are sure relieved to hear that so many of our Tenn. frineds are doin' ok...

t
Darryl Hattenhauer

Post by Darryl Hattenhauer »

Is there a site online where we can keep up on the news in the area?

------------------
"Drinking up the future, and living down the past"--unknown singer in Phoenix
Lana Rosselli

Post by Lana Rosselli »

Darryl - Check Smiley Roberts' post. He has the link to the Nashville newspaper (The Tennessean). The photos are incredible. There is one of a tree that now looks more like a vine than a tree. Shocking when you think about massive power of nature.

Miss Lana
Jake L

Post by Jake L »

I just found out from my manager that he has put in a call to one of our clients who has exposure in the H'ville area. I should find out in a few days if I am required to go to Tenn. and help out. I am sure glad that the forum members are all doing ok...
Jake Lowe
Darryl Hattenhauer

Thanks, Lana. You sure have a great name. But then I like all things Italian.
Darryl Hattenhauer

http://tennessean.gannettonline.com/weather/detail/BNA-textdetail.html?city=Nashville&state=TN&zipcode=37203

Above is the Nashville area forecast. It looks like there aren't any storms coming, but I guess torndoes can hit just about anytime.