Lloyd's steel guitar on G.O.O. Live - GAC

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

John LeMaster

Lloyd's steel guitar on G.O.O. Live - GAC

Post by John LeMaster »

I saw and heard (some) of Lloyd Green playing for Jeff Bates on the re-play of the Opry Live tonight. There were a couple of good on-camera shots of Lloyd. One question:

Does anyone know what brand of steel he was playing?

I never got a look at the name on the front, but the fretboard sure looked like a Franklin. The finish on the guitar looked as though it got much lighter toward the middle - almost a "sunburst" effect.

I hadn't seen this mentioned elsewhere on the Forum, so I had to ask.

John L.
Brett Day

Post by Brett Day »

Lloyd has played a JCH for awhile and it might be a JCH. Brett, Emmons S-10, Morrell lapsteel, GFI Ultra D-10
Skip Edwards

Post by Skip Edwards »

It was a Marrs SD10. Sunburst with rope inlay...
nice gtr, wish I could've heard it more.
Red Kilby

Post by Red Kilby »

Is it going to be replayed again??? If so when ???
James Cann

Post by James Cann »

<SMALL>Lloyd has played a JCH for awhile and it might be a JCH. Brett, Emmons S-10, Morrell lapsteel, GFI Ultra D-10</SMALL>
Lloyd Green on these?! Well, there goes the neighborhood!

Sho-Bud forever!
John LeMaster

Post by John LeMaster »

Skip, I think you have hit the proverbial "nail on the head". Thanks.

Not sure if/when GAC plans to show it again.

John L.
Duane Marrs

Post by Duane Marrs »

This is not a Marrs guitar. This is Show Pro ooo1 "The Lloyd Green". Completed only last week. Fretboard was a Marrs since new ones haven't come in.
This prototype was in the making for over a year with Lloyd specifically in mind and has maintained the integrity of his previous guitars.
Duane Marrs has been in the Sho-Bud and steel guitar "neighborhood" more than most people have.
We now have more Marrs and Show Pro orders than we can keep up with, in addition to back log of Sho-Bud repairs and rebuilds.
Many thanks to those who shown us great respect on the forum. Unfortunately, to quote a great session player here " it's just to TOXIC an enviroment on the forum".
However, we invite anyone to visit our factory when in Nashville. 12 miles east on I-40.
Sincerely, Jeff Surratt - Show Pro steel guitars
Pete Finney

Post by Pete Finney »

Well I don't know... there are several "experts" on this forum that say with great authority that the Opry is now always just crap that's not worth watching... And that there's just no good "real" country music in Nashville...

Do you mean they might be wrong?!?
Al Udeen

Post by Al Udeen »

I think it boils down to, what kind of players say what? anyone agree?
Skip Edwards

Post by Skip Edwards »

Thanks, Jeff... I stand corrected.
David Wren

Post by David Wren »

With me it's simple... anything to do with pedal steel is good...period... no toxicity.. just an exchange of ideas... whether pro, beginnner, or non-player (but interested enough to log on to this forum)... it's all good (excepting the occassional racist remarks I've seen).

The internet is a realitivly new media for this kind of discussion, and some may find the spectrum of views too wide for their own comfort level.... not me.... and I thank the thousands forum members who continually log on to share ideas about the best instrument in the world.

------------------
Dave Wren
'95Carter S12-E9/B6,7X7; Twin Session 500s; Hilton Pedal; Black Box
www.ameechapman.com

Steve Hinson

Post by Steve Hinson »

I'm looking forward to getting my ShowPro...the Sho~Bud LDG that Jeff and Duane rebuilt for me is the best steel guitar I've ever owned...I'm sure the new one will be even better!

------------------
http://home.comcast.net/~steves_garage

Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

Steve your steel sounded great along with the lead player . I enjoyed it very much ,but who wouldn't it's a Sho~Bud . I'm a proud owner of a Pro-ll Custom and a L.D.G. Thanks for the music . Best regards ,Gary .